Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1481824086' post='3195502']
Aarrggh... went to put new strap locks on my elwood, turned the back screw one turn and half of the screw just broke off and is now stuck in the body!
I must say they are rather feeble screws for the job.

Now a bit buggered without a strap!
[/quote]That happened to me with a PRS, just unlucky I think. There are a number of tools/techniques for sheared off screw removal, YouTube (or someone with some woodworking/metalworking skills) is your friend.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1481812093' post='3195361']
It is a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Delano PVC 4 FE/M2![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Very nice pickup.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Thanks - can't find that on Delano's website so I'm guessing it's the P[u]M[/u]VC etc.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1481824086' post='3195502']
Aarrggh... went to put new strap locks on my elwood, turned the back screw one turn and half of the screw just broke off and is now stuck in the body!
I must say they are rather feeble screws for the job.

Now a bit buggered without a strap!
[/quote]

What a bummer - surely Adrian's not using cheap Chinese screws?!

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1481827664' post='3195538']
What a bummer - surely Adrian's not using cheap Chinese screws?!
[/quote]

the pickup mounting screws aren't made of the toughest metal either. I snapped one too. I had a lot of fun removing the bit that was stuck in the body...

It's usually advisable to be careful, ensure the screwdriver tip is well matched to the screw head, and if it's tough... be extra careful. I'd say be a little more careful than usual with these.

The head matched and I had not put much effort in. In a way it was quite good, in that its better to find out it is weak before it drops of the strap!
I notice they also didn't have felt pads like all the other basses I have had. I will have to find some of those when I get it fixed.

Mine arrived today so I took the afternoon off to have a mess with it.

Must say I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. Reeks quality and looks even lovelier in the flesh. A bit disappointed in the set up - fret buzz city, all over the fingerboard and took a while to tame this - although I'm not that great at doing bass set-ups. I've got it nice and playable now and it sounds ace. Amazing for £800! The gig bag is quality too - and also a short scale! Will get pics up tomorrow.

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1481904883' post='3196185']
Mine arrived today so I took the afternoon off to have a mess with it.

Must say I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. Reeks quality and looks even lovelier in the flesh. A bit disappointed in the set up - fret buzz city, all over the fingerboard and took a while to tame this - although I'm not that great at doing bass set-ups. I've got it nice and playable now and it sounds ace. Amazing for £800! The gig bag is quality too - and also a short scale! Will get pics up tomorrow.
[/quote]

What did you get?

For the longest time I've been fantasising about an Elwood Absolution in a sunburst finish over a burled map top with a set of Nordstrand big singles in!

Last couple of days though I've been entertaining the idea of having a Chris Novak darkstar-type pickup dropped into a jake, or maybe 2 into an elwood c.

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1482105228' post='3197733']
For the longest time I've been fantasising about an Elwood Absolution in a sunburst finish over a burled map top with a set of Nordstrand big singles in!

Last couple of days though I've been entertaining the idea of having a Chris Novak darkstar-type pickup dropped into a jake, or maybe 2 into an elwood c.
[/quote]

Lovely.

Gonna send another email to Adrian once we get into the New Year I think, see if I can do something different with the speesy.

I don't know, maybe make it a five string and give it a darker colour scheme, like a bloodred gloss finish or something, with an ebony board.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1482193484' post='3198440']
You're almost making me look sane! :lol:
[/quote]

Haha, yes. I have a tendency to do that.

I've been getting rid of my excess instruments to get something else.

My bands looking to gig next year, so why not have a backup in case one goes wrong?

There is one on the site that I could just buy though but it's got another bands name on it and it just feels wrong,
I dunno. I'm weird with that.

Contemplating a five, but we'll see what he says.

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1482188985' post='3198400']
I may have sent another email...

Oh dear.

:D
[/quote]
Hope you realise that what you're doing constitutes a criminal offence: it's called 'aiding and abetting', possibly with a touch of 'incitement' thrown in.

Keep up the good work mate - I'll be ordering another one myself as soon as I've decided on the spec :yarr:

For all of you 'I'll email after the New Year' guys & gals......bear in mind that NAMM is in January (19th-22nd) and so Adrian and the crew may be slow to respond through the month. I imagine it's a massive undertaking to get them and their stock from Germany/Poland to LA and back again.

If you're waiting, I'd probably wait until start of Feb :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1482233927' post='3198628']
For all of you 'I'll email after the New Year' guys & gals......bear in mind that NAMM is in January (19th-22nd) and so Adrian and the crew may be slow to respond through the month. I imagine it's a massive undertaking to get them and their stock from Germany/Poland to LA and back again.

If you're waiting, I'd probably wait until start of Feb :)

Si
[/quote]

Good point Si.

Namm delayed my bass slightly last year, wasn't that long. Just a couple of weeks.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1482234587' post='3198636']

Trouble is if they come back with full order books we could be waiting til summer :o
[/quote]

I simply mean for people who are going to email and then possibly have an issue if there's a little delay in reply etc :).

Si

yes Adrian is working 22/24 for NAMM.

Well he's working anyways 22/24 haha.... but you get my point..

he told me they're not building anything special for NAMM and will just see what's available and take it from there (too much normal work going on, no time for "show basses)

They're taking around 10 basses , they'll all likely sell in the US during that week end. Like 2 previous year.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1482234984' post='3198641']
I simply mean for people who are going to email and then possibly have an issue if there's a little delay in reply etc :).

Si
[/quote]
E-mailed Adrian yesterday afternoon; a whole 18 hours later and STILL NO REPLY! And, even worse, no explanation of why there's been no reply!! ;)