Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Wilco' timestamp='1488496055' post='3249549']
Anybody play a Jazzus? If so, how does it compare to a US Fender Jazz?
[/quote]I haven't played one, but from the specs it does seem to be quite a different beast. I think there are a couple being sold in the for sale section, I imagine the current owner could offer some insight.

[quote name='Wilco' timestamp='1488496055' post='3249549']
Anybody play a Jazzus? If so, how does it compare to a US Fender Jazz?
[/quote]

the jazzus is a 34 scale on a shorter body. (you'd have to ask adrian if you needed exact measurements)

to me they're nicer as they have perfect balance (i played many when at adrian's house) ....

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1488480102' post='3249358']
Next thing you'll be staring longingly at leather sofas...
[/quote]

If Adrian started doing replica leather sofas I bet he'd sell a few. Btw, did you spot that he photographed my bass IN FRONT of the sofa (rather than beside it) to get the contrast of white bass against chestnut-brown leather? No job too small for that guy :happy:

Finally, I got my hands on one. I tried a Hellwood at the Darkglass stand. I quite liked it, but for the nut width being too thin. Will Adrian alter that if you ask? I'd want it changed to 42 or 43mm as the standard 40 is just too thin for me and feels odd in my hands.

Where is the price listing for all of the models? I don't seem to be able to see a price for anything except on the stock basses.

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1488743391' post='3251483']
Finally, I got my hands on one. I tried a Hellwood at the Darkglass stand. I quite liked it, but for the nut width being too thin. Will Adrian alter that if you ask? I'd want it changed to 42 or 43mm as the standard 40 is just too thin for me and feels odd in my hands.

Where is the price listing for all of the models? I don't seem to be able to see a price for anything except on the stock basses.
[/quote]
Adrian will do literally anything you ask. If you email him, he'll give you the price.

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1488743391' post='3251483']

[/quote]

Yup. Like you I prefer 42-43mm widths. My first Jake was a pretty much stock Jake except I asked for a wider neck. I gave dimensions at a couple of places along the neck. Oh and I specified a lacquered neck too. No problem.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1488711761' post='3251161']
2 weeks down and I'm more antsy with the waiting than when I was for my first Elwood L. Maybe that's because I have an aching shoulder from a long rehearsal with the boat anchor.
[/quote]

I'm 5/6 weeks in.

It doesn't get any easier.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1488788593' post='3251661']
I made mock-ups of mine, so I could gaze at them on my phone when it all got too much.
[/quote]Yep, I have a copy of my mock up on the phone, tablet and PC. I also keep watching the video that inspired my pick up choice.

http://youtu.be/JacJ-N4l7FI

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1488800387' post='3251802']
Yep, I have a copy of my mock up on the phone, tablet and PC. I also keep watching the video that inspired my pick up choice.

[media]http://youtu.be/JacJ-N4l7FI[/media]
[/quote]
Vintage white body with tort scratch-plate, chrome hardware and rosewood fretboard - snap!! :)

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1488803636' post='3251858']

Vintage white body with tort scratch-plate, chrome hardware and rosewood fretboard - snap!! :)
[/quote]I very nearly went for that colour combo, but decided to go for natural eventually.

Yo Mr Ez, vey nice Delano pick-ups. Great to get the jazz sound without the irritatingly noisey single coil hum! I am very inpressed with the Delano Extenders too.

I assume you not going for multi-scale/fanned fret version? Great for a taut low B on 5 stringers yet to be convinced for 4 stringers?

Anyone know the scale lengths for the Maruszczyk 5 string ???

[quote name='BassManGraham' timestamp='1489139805' post='3254624']
Yo Mr Ez, vey nice Delano pick-ups. Great to get the jazz sound without the irritatingly noisey single coil hum! I am very inpressed with the Delano Extenders too.

I assume you not going for multi-scale/fanned fret version? Great for a taut low B on 5 stringers yet to be convinced for 4 stringers?

Anyone know the scale lengths for the Maruszczyk 5 string ???
[/quote]
Yeah, conventional fretting for me.

5 string scale length? I'm guessing a conventional 34" but custom, well the world is your oyster.

How about some pics of your recent purchase G?