Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1489162547' post='3254883']
Yeah, conventional fretting for me.

5 string scale length? I'm guessing a conventional 34" but custom, well the world is your oyster.

How about some pics of your recent purchase G?
[/quote]

Sorry I was not explicit. I was talking about the scale lengths of Adrian's multiscale/fan fretted 5 stringers. My Dingwall AB and Zs low Bs are 37" and Gs are 34" whereas Dingwall Super Ps and Super Js have 35" B and 32" G.

Can't seem to upload pics, my Mac software is getting obsolete!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1489219232' post='3255211']
The 4 strings are 32.5 to 34.5, I can't see any info on the 5 string.
[/quote]

Adrian has just confirmed his standard 5 string Multi-scales are 850mm (33.5") G string 895mm (35.25") B string. Will sort pics when I can nab one of my girls phones or iPads!!

Had a builder of Adrian's contact me via Facebook, looks like they might be able to offer fanned fret Jake's soon.

Yum.

Also I'm almost at the end of week 6...

The wait for this one hasn't been that bad, but I find myself staring at leather sofas!

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1489681841' post='3258958']
So bass direct now stocking Maruszczyk amps... [url="https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154115820382396&substory_index=0&id=292530792395"]https://m.facebook.c...id=292530792395[/url]

If anyone is near and tries them some reviews would be ideal!
[/quote]

They look lovely. Made by [url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-amp-from-poland-handbox-r-400.1218706/"]Handbox[/url], FWIW :-)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1489682096' post='3258960']

They look lovely. Made by [url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-amp-from-poland-handbox-r-400.1218706/"]Handbox[/url], FWIW :-)
[/quote]

Oh are they? I thought they looked very similar but it was just a coincidence. Now I'm VERY intrigued. Read nothing but good things about Handbox so yeah, anyone local to Bass Direct some reviews would be great

[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1489770400' post='3259751']
I'm pleased to say that I will be taking delivery of this beauty soon ! Sadly has meant I've had to let go of my Wick Dirty Blond, but how many basses can a man play ?!!

[/quote]Oh I say! :o

I'm pleased to say that I will be taking delivery of this beauty soon ! Sadly has meant I've had to let go of my Wick Dirty Blond, but how many basses can a man play ?!!

[/quote]

Is that from BD?

[/quote]

That's drop dead gorgeous!

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1489689069' post='3259035']
Oh are they? I thought they looked very similar but it was just a coincidence. Now I'm VERY intrigued. Read nothing but good things about Handbox so yeah, anyone local to Bass Direct some reviews would be great
[/quote]

Bass Direct is in my home town (very dangerous) and I'm probably going to put some money down on the rather lovely Elwood multi-scale I tried earlier this week. Will ask to have a go on one of the amps if I get a chance.

Now if someone can just buy the EBS combo I'm trying to move on......

Edited by nickmew

[quote name='nickmew' timestamp='1489836519' post='3260181']

Bass Direct is in my home town (very dangerous) and I'm probably going to put some money down on the rather lovely Elwood multi-scale I tried earlier this week.
[/quote]Ooh, that'll be the one with those sweet sounding Delano pickups; nice.

[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1489859306' post='3260408']
Indeed - Delano's and yes, from BD ��, Poplar top by the way..
[/quote]

Thought so, I think it's the one I had a look around at the Bass Show... the pictures don't do it justice. It triggered a long and arduous internal discussion in my head about how much I needed 2 Elwood L5s... unfortunately for me, common sense won!

[/quote]

oOo

It practically plays itself. I can't imagine not having it. I had them build me a Jake 5 late last year, which is stunning and sounds tremendous, but sometimes I can't help but thinking I could have gone with another Elwood L5.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1490042056' post='3261733']
Does anyone here own a Maruszczyk short scale? I'm interested in the shortie versions of the Elwood and Jake models in particular, wondering about feel / playability / balance etc.
[/quote]

I got a short scale Elwood just before Christmas and totally love it. It took all my will power not to order another one straight away! It was a stock bass and the workmanship, fit and finish is 10/10. It's light weight, well balanced , looks lovely, and most importantly it's fantastic to play. I will be getting another one but will wait until later on in the year.

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1490043384' post='3261757']
I got a short scale Elwood just before Christmas and totally love it. It took all my will power not to order another one straight away! It was a stock bass and the workmanship, fit and finish is 10/10. It's light weight, well balanced , looks lovely, and most importantly it's fantastic to play. I will be getting another one but will wait until later on in the year.
[/quote]

They do look v nice. How's the tone when compared to a normal Fender Jazz? Sounds a bit beefier than a usual J in the demos I've seen but that could just be processing.