Why become a member? ×

Wall Hangers

joeystrange

Make sure that you fix it to the wall as securely as possible and, more importantly, that the wall you fix it to is sound.

I had a Hercules wall hanger (one of the better ones apparently) come away from the wall & smash my new MIJ Fender Precision into the floor.

I fixed it to the wall using screws & plugs that were supposedly more than enough for the task, but didn't have anyway of knowing that the brick I'd drilled into was damaged & the whole thing was just a nasty accident waiting to happen.

I probably won't be wall mounting any more guitars or basses after that.....

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1421780705' post='2664974']
I have five of these I don't use that you are welcome to. Hung a Wal and a Status for years without s problem. PM me an address and I will send a couple over.
[/quote]

This makes BassChat amazing. Very kind offer there Bilbo!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1421781163' post='2664984']
This makes BassChat amazing. Very kind offer there Bilbo!
[/quote]

+1. Kindness like this makes this place feel more like a community than a website.

To the wall hangers. Hercules ones are what I use and they haven't failed on me. I should mention that one of these basses was just over 6kg so not a lightweight beast! Well worth the relatively small sum of money...even if one of them is being used as a hook for my jacket.

Edited by Cameronj279

I would just say fix them to a sturdy wall.

We live in a new home and if you live in one too you will understand that the walls are made out of paper these days.

One our friends who lives on the same estate was woken up to an almighty crash in the middle of the night to find 3 of his guitars tangled round each other on the floor - it must have been heartbreaking.

But thats new homes for you...

You can cut the plasterboard away fix timber batons 3x2" re board and skim prior to hanging.

Or if it's a solid wall the metal tubular expanding fixings are best. You'll need an sds drill of into solid brick and a socket wrench.

I've got 6 of my guitars hung up.

These are the ebay 'chord' ones, cheap enough but all metal with the centre part as a threaded solid bolt and a lock nut, the wall is compressed straw and really good for screwing straight into but I have screwed plaster board turbo fasteners in with a cordless driver they are not going anywhere and the hagers are still holding my basses up, the black SR5 weights more than that Ducati 916 :lol:

[url="http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141102_103604_zpseb6n54ip.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1421871011' post='2666100']
These are the ebay 'chord' ones, cheap enough but all metal with the centre part as a threaded solid bolt and a lock nut, the wall is compressed straw and really good for screwing straight into but I have screwed plaster board turbo fasteners in with a cordless driver they are not going anywhere and the hagers are still holding my basses up, the black SR5 weights more than that Ducati 916 :lol:

[url="http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141102_103604_zpseb6n54ip.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]Nice music stand