Why become a member? ×

Happy Barefaced Retro Two10 Christmas to me

Jenny_Innie

If I understand it correctly, top cab runs an 12, and bottom runs
at 8...that is your crude crossover right there so these two cabs
should be suited sound-wise where the top cab takes less power
and therefore bass and lets the 15 do that work. Hopefully, the brighter
bias of the top cab will compensate for the bass heavy bottom bias..
You are just carrying 2 cabs ..and lightweight ones, which is what most
people will be looking to do anyway for a resonably loud gig.

If you don't like the sound and don't want to carry 2 cabs, your options are
pretty limited.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1419513027' post='2640534']
awful? It's buuuutiful!

[/quote]

Haha what happens when an Engineer designs stuff that's should look pretty.

Tbh, the old painted finish and the logo do not deter me one bit. I don't have to look at it at gigs.

But I'm not half tempted by a TKS cab though in red.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1420272708' post='2647323']

Tbh, the old painted finish and the logo do not deter me one bit. I don't have to look at it at gigs.

[/quote] lol

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1420148613' post='2646189']
Yeah, but you have to remember that life looks a little different where you're 5'2" and 8st 4 lbs. Light and small gear is good. Heavy stuff isn't an option.
[/quote]

Absolutely! But a two-cab setup from Barefaced is never going to be heavy, even if it does mean a second trip to the car!

It seems like the kind of sound you want can only be achieved by using one huge cab or multiple smaller ones. Only one of those options offers portability :)

[/quote]

:lol:

[/quote] I just went back and looked at that logo - it's an odd sci-fi influenced thing, the "designed and built" bit works quite well - but the rest of it... the b and d echo quite nicely - but that f is the most disgusting thing I've seen for a while, and also oddly seems upper case...
it just kinda works against the whole "very well engineered technology products" by having such an odd logo.... all IMO IME of course... .

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1420312313' post='2647996']
I just went back and looked at that logo - it's an odd sci-fi influenced thing, the "designed and built" bit works quite well - but the rest of it... the b and d echo quite nicely - but that f is the most disgusting thing I've seen for a while, and also oddly seems upper case...
it just kinda works against the whole "very well engineered technology products" by having such an odd logo.... all IMO IME of course... .
[/quote]

:unsure: well, I like it! :(
:)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1420312313' post='2647996']
I just went back and looked at that logo - it's an odd sci-fi influenced thing, the "designed and built" bit works quite well - but the rest of it... the b and d echo quite nicely - but that f is the most disgusting thing I've seen for a while, and also oddly seems upper case...
[/quote]

The F is surely the same set of lines as the B and D with a little bit missing? Aesthetically it works for me, and I work in design too.

My one and only gripe (incl. logo, handles, finish, sound, weight etc) is that when I stick my Midget on top of my Compact I have logos that go at right angles to each other. I'd quite like to put the one on my Midget the other way around. It doesn't really matter which way it faces when used on its own.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1420390849' post='2648728']
The F is surely the same set of lines as the B and D with a little bit missing? Aesthetically it works for me, and I work in design too.

My one and only gripe (incl. logo, handles, finish, sound, weight etc) is that when I stick my Midget on top of my Compact I have logos that go at right angles to each other. I'd quite like to put the one on my Midget the other way around. It doesn't really matter which way it faces when used on its own.
[/quote] Meh I'm not the biggest fan.... but again I wouldn't stop me one second of owning one.

Bank balance would. :)

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1420390849' post='2648728']

My one and only gripe (incl. logo, handles, finish, sound, weight etc) is that when I stick my Midget on top of my Compact I have logos that go at right angles to each other.
[/quote]

That sounds a bit personal and maybe a bit more than we need to know :/

can I just interject here and say sorry.

I'm a fussy designer - and I made a comment about a logo that isn't great in my opinion
- but it's also not awful and far worse design horrors have been unleashed on us bass players... warwick up to a few years ago used comic sans as the main typeface on their amps and so on.

Please don't turn this thread into a barefaced slagging one - we've had enough of them. I'm interested in Jenny's new cab, and the new designs generally - I think I've played through about 5 or 6 different barefaced models - 1 I didn't like, 1 was very impressive, 2 were brilliant but not my taste and 1 was one of the best bass cabs I've ever played through. I'ld buy one tomorrow if I had the money. Please don't start the slagging again.

(I was actually thinking - what other UK based, UK build amplification/cab companies do we have? Barefaced, Purple Chilli, Matamp and [i]some [/i]ashdown stuff are all I could think of, does anyone make speakers in the UK still Celestion I guess... and volt which Glockenklang use?)

So I've got a couple of Barefaced Dubsters and Matamps to go with them - foolishly decided to play some Dub reggae earlier today (you know, King Tubby et al),
In a large hall or the local park it might have been a good idea, but this was in the lounge.....my ears might recover in a day (or three).........

:gas: