Why become a member? ×

Happy Barefaced Retro Two10 Christmas to me

Jenny_Innie

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1419327634' post='2638718']
I've still got the Generation 2 Compact, which my Dad's bass player doesn't seem to interested in having back. He's got a mountain of gear though, so he doesn't need it.

I'll be testing it alone and with the Compact to see how it rolls.

It's a very pretty thing though. They should offer it in other colours though, like red and pink and green and white and stuff. We isn't all old men y'know.
[/quote]

It looks good! Cool present! :)
I like the light weight of the Barefaced cabs, I own two myself.

I also like colourful pretty things, so it would be nice if BF started offering that tolex finish in other cabs, and colours!
I just bought a couple of TKS cabs for various reasons like being the right size for my car boot etc... but I have to confess the fact I could choose colours was a welcome bonus... these are mine:

:gas: :lol:

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1419366611' post='2639272']
Sitting it beside the Compact Gen 2, the handle looks fairly similar, but feels a lot more sturdy and more substantial in build.

The tolex looks a really good job. Not really any tolex grain - which is probably good. Much, much better than Marshall tolex for example. Mum has one of the Marshall "hand built" 2 x 12 Marshall cabs and Dad has quite a few Marshall 4 x 12s. They look as if you could sneeze and the tolex would rip. I'm not gonna take any chances mind, but this looks smoother and more solid.

Yuk to the Compact Gen 2 "lump of coal" finish by comparison. They should consider changing the whole range to this tolex.
[/quote]

The new handles do feel a lot sturdier than the Gen2 ones, for sure.
I liked BF cabs already, and that was despite the finish. The Retro 210 looks really cool!!!
+1 about Roqsolid. I ordered a cover from them too in the past and it's doing a great job, and it arrived fast.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1419416849' post='2639692']
Wow, first BF cab I've seen that doesn't look like it's been knocked up out of parts from Tandys. Classy looks. Now... About that logo.
[/quote]

I think the logo looks great.

I guess there always has to be something, right? :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1419368080' post='2639295']

It looks good! Cool present! :)
I like the light weight of the Barefaced cabs, I own two myself.

I also like colourful pretty things, so it would be nice if BF started offering that tolex finish in other cabs, and colours!
I just bought a couple of TKS cabs for various reasons like being the right size for my car boot etc... but I have to confess the fact I could choose colours was a welcome bonus... these are mine:

:gas: :lol:
[/quote]

Nice! Are these 12's?

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1419441266' post='2640034']

oh, I thought you were joking. Fair enough :)
[/quote] to be fair I would love a big baby or big twin but the first thing I would do is take that logo off... but then I am a graphic designer snob....

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1419366611' post='2639272']Mum has one of the Marshall "hand built" 2 x 12 Marshall cabs and Dad has quite a few Marshall 4 x 12s.
[/quote]

I think it's probably fair to say that you have the coolest family of any BC member! B) B) B)