Why become a member? ×

Alleva coppolo

dudi8

11 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

What I’m really confused about. Why don’t you go and buy what I presume is a 70s fender precision bass like that man in the picture and Er play it and be happy.
you could then make a thread along the lines of “look at my lovely precision bass like my bass playing hero of mine, it makes me really happy to own and play it” - and you need not concern yourself about other manufacturers that you’ve not played, and can’t justify buying and - well you’ve got a lovely precision bass so you’re happy ...

Indeed, I just wanted to know if there was somebody in line with my thoughts .. you don’t have to drive a Mercedes F1 to be Senna .. Senna was an ace in Montecarlo even when he drive his Toleman; same can be said for Jaco Pastorius.

I know this is laughable but he didn’t need more than 4 strings and played whatever was available to him for practicing.

Had I owned an AC bass, passing from it to a Stenback would not make me a better bass-player ..

Edited by Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

What, it’s weak of me to think your sole intent here is to be an inflammatory derrière? 

Ok.

You’re ace.

Sorry @Andy but the one being or trying to be facetious was you not me .. I’m a rather direct guy; I don’t have friends here so I can’t behave in your same way but I need to reply and defend somehow.

Don’t have any inflammatory purpose, stay reassured.

3 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Indeed, I just wanted to know if there was somebody in line with my thoughts .. you don’t have to drive a Mercedes F1 to be Senna .. Senna was an ace in Montecarlo even when he drive his Toleman; same can be said for Jaco Pastorius.

I know this is laughable but it didn’t need more than 4 strings and played whatever was available to him for practicing.

Had I owned an AC bass, passing from it to a Stenback would not make me a better bass-player ..

You didn’t receive a Precision style bass from Poland with some cracks in the nitro finish recently did you by any chance?

• Haha 1

Just now, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Sorry @Andy but the one being or trying to be facetious was you not me .. I’m a rather direct guy; I don’t have friends here so I can’t behave in your same way but I need to reply and defend somehow.

Don’t have any inflammatory purpose, stay reassured.

Ok.

How’s that whole “direct guy” thing working out for you?

There’s nothing (as far as I can see) to defend.

I’ll unfollow the thread and leave you to it mate.

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Ok.

How’s that whole “direct guy” thing working out for you?

There’s nothing (as far as I can see) to defend.

I’ll unfollow the thread and leave you to it mate.

When somebody tells me “you can’t speak because you don’t own what I own” or “the instruments you like are not good” I have to defend my position in some way, especially for the first kind of statement, which, given my mindset, I find hardly acceptable

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You didn’t receive a Precision style bass from Poland with some cracks in the nitro finish recently did you by any chance?

Not that I may know .. I was working in Poland but I didn’t bring back a P-bass from there .. came back with a J and an Elrick, why, if I may ask?

Just now, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

When somebody tells me “you can’t speak because you don’t own what I own” or “the instruments you like are not good” I have to defend my position in some way, especially for the first kind of statement, which, given my mindset, I find hardly acceptable

I haven’t said any of the above - I was trying to keep it jovial.

”Straw Tail response” to my mind somehow insinuated that I’d been engaging in a debate with you and you’d somehow exposed a weakness in my argument.

I haven’t engaged in a debate with you about basses - I simply stated that we’re all different players and would choose different instruments given a budget of £5000 or whatever.

Trying to mediate a storm in a teacup.

I also stated that it’s not worth arguing about - but let’s face it, you’ve come for a row of some sort.

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I haven’t said any of the above - I was trying to keep it jovial.

”Straw Tail response” to my mind somehow insinuated that I’d been engaging in a debate with you and you’d somehow exposed a weakness in my argument.

I haven’t engaged in a debate with you about basses - I simply stated that we’re all different players and would choose different instruments given a budget of £5000 or whatever.

Trying to mediate a storm in a teacup.

I also stated that it’s not worth arguing about - but let’s face it, you’ve come for a row of some sort.

I was not specifically referring to you .. I replied to a lot of users and I agree with you there’s no point in arguing.

I’ve made a statement that may or may not have grounds based on the particular musical goals of each of us; I’m sorry if somebody got annoyed by my words.

That clearly wasn’t my intention; BassChat is a good community where to talk and share ideas (also TB IMO although I felt that it doesn’t have a lot of followers here).

👍

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

ok, whats that about?  I presume the 6 and 7 wtc are some kind of conspiracy job, but what is the 14th amendment thing? Is that another conspiracy that I am not up on? as it covers citizenship I am guessing that is the nonresident thing.

I believe that the 14th amendment was introduced to protect the rights of former slaves in the southern states following the civil war.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Crikey, the filter didn't pick that up. @Dad3353 will be on that like a tramp on hot chips.

I would, maybe, if I knew what it signified. Too young and innocent, you see. Good parenting. Grammar school'n'all. No, don't explain, please, or I may have to intervene more often..! :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peteb said:

I believe that the 14th amendment was introduced to protect the rights of former slaves in the southern states following the civil war.

Indeed - this much I knew. I was just puzzled why it was being burned into the back of a bass.

1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

I would, maybe, if I knew what it signified. Too young and innocent, you see. Good parenting. Grammar school'n'all. No, don't explain, please, or I may have to intervene more often..! :lol:

I would inbox you - but I don’t want you to think less of me by explaining 😉