Why become a member? ×

Alleva coppolo

dudi8

3 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Can I point out that said Paul Jackson now has an ESP signature bass that is (a) not a FSO and (b) has a headstock that makes AC's look like Audrey Hepburn

Screenshot_20200725-222732_Chrome.jpg

Correct, I know, but I specified that my reference tone is that of Mr. Jackson when he was playing a simple, rudimentary Fender Precision Bass .. so we’re right at the beginning of his service with the Head Hunters.

Edit:

By the way, I prefer the ESP’s headstock shape 😂😂

Edited by Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati

The oddest thing i find is starting an odd “they are expensive and crap and not with the money (though I’ve never played one)“ thread is picking a slightly obscure American luthier who I don’t think that many of us on basschat will have played either. 
not enough to care passionately about 

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

The oddest thing i find is starting an odd “they are expensive and crap and not with the money (though I’ve never played one)“ thread is picking a slightly obscure American luthier who I don’t think that many of us on basschat will have played either. 

Not as odd as then picking it up 7 years later and making big swathing comments about what makes everyone else on basschat wrong.

this wine is ace.

Just now, LukeFRC said:

Dear, I’ve said AC instruments are definitely expensive; I didn’t say they are crap; I said that their design doesn’t seem quite an original one to me.

If the American manufacturer (a luthier is somebody crafting violins, cellos, double-basses and the like in Italy) you refer to is not known in BassChat, why did I receive so many replies of people who will use, for instance, a Fender CS ad fire-wood if they were given the opportunity to acquire an AC by doing so? 😂😂😂

Christ what a thread! Prices are down to simple business, Fenders overheads won’t be nearly as much as Alleva Copollos or whatever it is called. Some people clearly feel that it is superior product to a fender otherwise Jimmy wouldn’t have a business. Same as Sadowsky ect. A lot of players are used to Fender shapes and therefore they are popular. 

I like overwater J series, so I bought one. I also like Sire which is a lot cheeper. Does that make me regret the Overwater? No. 

So to summarise:

Bassist likes 70s music, especially The Headhunters

Bassist likes Fender P bass, as used in The Headhunters 

Bassist can't understand people paying more money for  a hand-built bass which borrows heavily from Fender

Move along. Life too short etc

3 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

This: 

5BB1F59C-CE50-4728-8CA7-16FF1102E956.jpeg

What I’m really confused about. Why don’t you go and buy what I presume is a 70s fender precision bass like that man in the picture and Er play it and be happy.
you could then make a thread along the lines of “look at my lovely precision bass like my bass playing hero of mine, it makes me really happy to own and play it” - and you need not concern yourself about other manufacturers that you’ve not played, and can’t justify buying and - well you’ve got a lovely precision bass so you’re happy ...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OliverBlackman said:

Christ what a thread! Prices are down to simple business, Fenders overheads won’t be nearly as much as Alleva Copollos or whatever it is called. Some people clearly feel that it is superior product to a fender otherwise Jimmy wouldn’t have a business. Same as Sadowsky ect. A lot of players are used to Fender shapes and therefore they are popular. 

I like overwater J series, so I bought one. I also like Sire which is a lot cheeper. Does that make me regret the Overwater? No. 

This is the point, in my opinion Overwater makes super J-basses, which do not seem to have anything to envy to AC, but they are sold at  ore affordable prices ..

5 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

This is your interpretation .. sort of a straw-tail reaction maybe? 😂

What, it’s weak of me to think your sole intent here is to be an inflammatory derrière? 

Ok.

You’re ace.