Why become a member? ×

Alleva coppolo

dudi8

3 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

I know what a good P-bass tone is and this is what matters to me.
You were quoting names of bassists whom I don’t know well; I almost only listen to ‘60s/‘70s music and my personal goal would be that of sounding similar to that Mr. Paul Jackson when he was playing a P-bass.

If a Fender CS can provide it to me at, say, 3800$, it’s very good (for those who have 3800$ to spend in a bass of course).

If AC can provide the same service at 5000$, it’s not that good.

Try to ask on the forum what’s the general consensus about how well, for instance, the Pino Palladino model incarnates and represent the sound of a P-bass.

I’m almost sure that the vast majority of users, even those who don’t own one but have listened to various samples of it, will say that this particular bass generates a stupendous and almost archetypal P-bass tone.

Im not so sure about what the result of a similar poll would be if the users were to express their judgement in relation to AC’s interpretation of the P-bass concept (ok, a new Pino Palladino model costs more than 4000$ and we get close to AC’s territory but there’s the deal with Pino to be honoured in this case and, in any case, they sometimes can be found in the second hand market at more decent prices).

Do you see any fan-boyism in what I’m saying? I’m just plainly stating what I believe are facts.

I think we’ve established they might not be the bass for you. 

• Like 1

Who’s in charge here? It feels like talkbass.

“Am I wrong?”

“I don’t know, are you?”

”no, you are”

”am I?”

”yes - idiot”

”oh...ok...”

”who are you talking to, yourself?”

”yes you”

”am I?”

”I don’t know”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Yes I don’t understand and I wanted to put a little fire in the AC supporters camp .. as stated, a Fender Shaped Object is a Fender Shaped Object ..

So why don’t you play a Harley Benton FSO?

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Who’s in charge here? It feels like talkbass.

“Am I wrong?”

“I don’t know, are you?”

”no, you are”

”am I?”

”yes - idiot”

”oh...ok...”

”who are you talking to, yourself?”

”yes you”

”am I?”

”I don’t know”

Sorry I’m too dumb to understand the meaning of what you wrote .. you can expand if you want 😆

I know what a good P-bass tone is and this is what matters to me.

I do too, but there is no guarantee that it is the same tone.

You were quoting names of bassists whom I don’t know well; I almost only listen to ‘60s/‘70s music and my personal goal would be that of sounding similar to that Mr. Paul Jackson when he was playing a P-bass.

I didn't quote any names of bassists at all, so I think you are talking about someone else.

I don't know who Mr Paul Jackson is, I just googled and he appears to be a consultant at sports and exersize medicine for a private health company. I am guessing he can probably afford a good bass then!

If a Fender CS can provide it to me at, say, 3800$, it’s very good (for those who have 3800$ to spend in a bass of course).

If AC can provide the same service at 5000$, it’s not that good.

And if a Squier can provide it to you at say $200, would that not be fantastic?

Try to ask on the forum what’s the general consensus about how well, for instance, the Pino Palladino model incarnates and represent the sound of a P-bass.

I would get about 4000 different answers. Well, actually about 40 answers, then the thread would veer off into types of cheese, and whether one of the people on the forum was visiting their mother enough.

Do you see any fan-boyism in what I’m saying? I’m just plainly stating what I believe are facts.

Absolutely, you seem to believe your opinion on a sound or an instrument is something that can be described as a fact, rather than an opinion. In fact you still seem to believe there is such a thing as a fact about a sound or feeling.

Round he we don't accept anything as a fact until you end the sentence with FACT. Its the rules.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

I would get about 4000 different answers. Well, actually about 40 answers, then the thread would veer off into types of cheese, and whether one of the people on the forum was visiting their mother enough.

....don't forget the wine and Quavers.....and Bombay Mix - I really love Bombay Mix.

Just now, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Sorry I’m too dumb to understand the meaning of what you wrote .. you can expand if you want 😆

I don’t know what you’re getting at - you’re obviously an intelligent fellow.

I’m being facetious.

Your posts are coming across as intentionally argumentative - that doesn’t sit well with me. 

People are trying to be helpful, constructive and adding their own opinion and you’re not getting it.

Anyhow. Enjoy your bass - whatever it may be 👍🏼

Just now, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

I see that there’s a good bunch of “touchés” by my posts on the forum ! Good ! Ped, if I’m not mistaken, you were the one selling your Ken Smith on TB before giving it to Scott, right?

So I’m not the only one here, seemingly, also looking at TB 😄

They’re all Forum Shaped Objects - but some are created more equal than others. Hey I think you’d like Animal Farm!

Just now, AndyTravis said:

I don’t know what you’re getting at - you’re obviously an intelligent fellow.

I’m being facetious.

Your posts are coming across as intentionally argumentative - that doesn’t sit well with me. 

People are trying to be helpful, constructive and adding their own opinion and you’re not getting it.

Anyhow. Enjoy your bass - whatever it may be 👍🏼

Look, it seems that there’s a group of people who don’t agree with my statements although the only reason why I should not be, even partially, correct is that  I can’t speak since I don’t own a particular thing .. sorry I don’t agree with this principle

2 minutes ago, ped said:

So why that instead of a squier for £200? If all FSOs are the same? 

I never said that they are all the same.

My FSO yield a good tone and playability for a decent price; re-read my previous posts, maybe you missed them.

Edited by Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati

1 minute ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Look, it seems that there’s a group of people who don’t agree with my statements although the only reason why I should not be, even partially, correct is that  I can’t speak since I don’t own a particular thing .. sorry I don’t agree with this principle

Ah, the penny drops at last. Night night all.

• Haha 1