Why become a member? ×

Letts?

mentalextra

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1408093461' post='2526963']
I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it :blink:
[/quote]

I take it that the deadline that was set has been and gone without the goods arriving with you as promised then?

Nod once for 'yes' and twice for 'no' :-P

My Letts bass was delivered a few months back - it's on their site - a Shergold custom build. I am on the whole very pleased with it and Jon came up trumps in the end. I'm going to wait a while but I'll certainly be ordering other builds from him.

I managed to snag that prototype bass, will be collecting itin a few weeks once my 13 string is done. I've had my ups and downs with Jon, but everything is on track now and after having received a 5 string passive bass with the perspex pickup I can say that quality is not an issue, the bass is excellent. Now that communication is regular between us, I have no further issues with Jon. He does build some cracking basses...

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1408549756' post='2531284']
I managed to snag that prototype bass, will be collecting itin a few weeks once my 13 string is done. I've had my ups and downs with Jon, but everything is on track now and after having received a 5 string passive bass with the perspex pickup I can say that quality is not an issue, the bass is excellent. Now that communication is regular between us, I have no further issues with Jon. He does build some cracking basses...
[/quote]

Fantastic! Really glad to hear everything is being sorted :) But where are the pictures of your new bass?? :gas:

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1408549756' post='2531284']
[/quote]

Pleased you got things sorted and now have things on track, they are great basses especially considering their relatively low cost :)

Can I just ask, as I think it's in the interest of basschatters with money to spend. On previous threads, there were a number of unhappy members who had dealt with Jon who have not made an appearance in this thread. Is this due to issues being resolved as promised or restrictions by moderators?

Surely it is beneficial to us as prospective customers who base our decisions to use ANY company on the input of those who have already used it, to hear both sides of the story? Additionally, if Jon has completed the orders like he promised, that's a really positive and important thing so it's be great to share that here.

However, there seems to be a distinct presence of those members who did not have a positive experience and had been promised basses by Jon. I am aware that previous threads have been closed due to negative content but surely those members with negative experiences are as valuable and important in these discussions as those who have positive views?

Edited by skej21

We are moderators. We are not censors. Threads get closed if they put the legal obligations of the site and its owners in jeopardy, or transgress decency considerations. Libel and defamation are serious matters, and we try to act responsibly, in good faith. Please do the same.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1408872658' post='2534153']
We are moderators. We are not censors. Threads get closed if they put the legal obligations of the site and its owners in jeopardy, or transgress decency considerations. Libel and defamation are serious matters, and we try to act responsibly, in good faith. Please do the same.
[/quote]

Or if GrandWazoo spits his dummy they go in the secret vault :P :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1408975644' post='2535096']
[s]Or if GrandWazoo spits his dummy they go in the secret vault[/s] :P :lol:
[/quote]

Fixed.

(... [i]and yet another pseudo goes into the little black book.[/i].. :mellow:[size=4] )[/size]

[size=4] :lol: :lol: :lol:[/size]

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1408868869' post='2534099']
Surely it is beneficial to us as prospective customers who base our decisions to use ANY company on the input of those who have already used it, to hear both sides of the story?
[/quote]

If it's a large amount of money you are about to spend then maybe read the posts and PM the people who's opinion you want?
Beyond the obvious legal implications for the mods theres the problem on internet forums that one person with an axe to grind, or even a genuine problem and the ability to write well can turn opinion totally one way - sometimes beyond what is reasonable.
If you have say an amp that fails mid gig... depending who the user is that could either be something you never hear about, or something that is drummed up to such an extent that half the bass players in the world know that brand X is unreliable rubbish.... which isn't really fair is it? (esp when Jon isn't around to give his side of the story)

There's enough about Jon on here from the last few years that you can read, maybe PM a few people and ask, talk to Jon about your order if you want and form your own opinion based on that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Personal problems had a massive impact on production at this time and I am only just coming out the other side. The order book is almost clear and I'll sure be glad when it is! 2 or 3 orders went to court and I never want to have to deal with that again. Feel free to pm or email me any questions. Jon.

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1454347750' post='2968839']
at least you are coming from the other side, i never received the cash nor the bass....
[/quote]

And you were happy to leave it that way??