Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1344156054' post='1760388']
i had no idea Nick was still producing albums. He was one of the better acts from the 80's and hugely under-rated outside of the pop scene.

Let me know what the album is like

Dave
[/quote]Will keep you posted. He tends to pop an album out every few years. The last three (15 Minutes, To Be Frank & You've Got To Laugh) are all really good - IMO obviously - but yes very underrated.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1344156054' post='1760388']
i had no idea Nick was still producing albums. He was one of the better acts from the 80's and hugely under-rated outside of the pop scene.

Let me know what the album is like

Dave
[/quote]I have a band outing to see him at the Shepherd's Bush Empire next month. We're looking at adding Wide Boy to our set list (already do Wouldn't It Be Good)

Having a Basschat morning.

[b]alpa male tea party[/b] (because I've just read Shep's interview and I want to hear robotic cows being slaughtered)

this will be followed by:

[b]ANTA [/b](I think Shep needs to interview [b]Joegarcia[/b])

and

[b]Caricatures[/b]

So far this afternoon
Spocks Beard - Spocks Beard
followed by SB - V The Great Nothing .... what an uplifting epic (IMO obviously)
and now starting SB - X

I bloody love the band, the tone Dave Meros gets and the variety of his basslines.

Decided to take the long route home cycling back from work today so I wanted a quality album from start to finish.
Someone had mentioned 'The Jam' earlier today at work, so it was a toss up between 'All Mod Cons' and 'Sound Affects'.

I went with 'Sound Affects' in the end, and f**k me am I glad I did.

What an album that is, absolutely brilliant at every point. And I couldn't help but sing out loud 'WAN'T TO GET AWA-HA-HEY-HA-HEY' during 'Music For The Last Couple'.

What a ride home that was!

Right now Kyuss - Welcome to sky valley, a band so awesome they plug their guitars into bass amps! Saw them at download this year, sounds even better live despite Josh Homme and Scott Readers best efforts.
Was listening to a shuffle playlist of the bass heavy Five Finger Death Punch earlier, quite an advertisement of the amazingness of the Spector Rex4 in my opinion
Oh to those who mentioned Skindred (another outstanding live band!) - rock on friend!