Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Started off with Aardvark's self titled album then moved on to Barclay James Harvest and now going to dabble with a bit of Blues Traveller as I'm chronically unfamiliar with their stuff but I like a bit of harp now and again.

John Mayer's latest album "Born And Raised" is my current disc of choice. Very 70's singer songwriter vibe to it. I'm hearing the influences of Clapton, Elton John, Neil Young, Allman Brothers amongst others.

It's a REALLY good album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0x2OQpFvak&sns=em

Just to follow on from my last post, I can't believe I completely missed out on Blues Traveler. Only listened to the first 2 albums so far but I'm liking the variety and I'm impressed by the late Bobby Sheehan's basslines and playing, I'm surprised I haven't seen his name mentioned in other threads. Mind you it was years before I picked up on Gov't Mule so maybe I'm a bit slow with these things :happy:

Edited by KevB

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1340710821' post='1708342']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Oy9GmpowMUE"]http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Oy9GmpowMUE[/url]#!
[/quote]

Had quite enough of that, thank you very much!

Now - Transatlantic: The Whirlwind

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1340710758' post='1708341']
The new Flower Kings CD that landed on my doormat from Sweden yesterday. Quite enjoyed the first listen through in the car on the way to work this morning.
[/quote]
I was listening to this too over the weekend whilst on a nature walk. It was the 2 disk version, though if you have a single CD version I wouldn't say there was anything significantly better on the additional disk. I find them a bit hit and miss but this sounded a decent enough effort. Still waiting for the new Panic Room album though!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1340796462' post='1709654']
I was listening to this too over the weekend whilst on a nature walk. It was the 2 disk version, though if you have a single CD version I wouldn't say there was anything significantly better on the additional disk. I find them a bit hit and miss but this sounded a decent enough effort. Still waiting for the new Panic Room album though!
[/quote]Aye. Got the 2 CD SE version & would agree.

Be interesting to hear the new Neal Morse offering later in the year, and in a bizarre change of style I am also looking forward to the new Nik Kershaw album, due soon(ish) I believe

Yeah I tried some of Morse's solo work after he left the Beard but the overt God bothering started to get irritating and I lost track. I quite like the album he did with Steve Morse and a few others as a project, think it was called Flying Colours?