Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='MythSte' post='885490' date='Jul 4 2010, 02:38 PM']not my usual Earl Grey but this is just fantastically filthy...

[/quote]

Great find mate!

I've been needing new designer sunglasses for a while :)

in a non-upmyownarse kinda way, I'm listening to my own song over and over again, noticing more and more faults. I've decided to just have a go at mastering it the best I can, and I'm finally as happy as I'll ever be. I think the footage really works with the music, especially at the end.

ps. I know this is a shameless plug, but it's genuinely what I've been listening to :)

Never get tired of listening to this. Definitely in my all-time top 5. Maybe 3.

"...and though each little song
Was less than three minutes long,
Mike squeezed a solo in, somehow...." :)

Edited by Earbrass

[quote name='silddx' post='886154' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:14 AM']Love it! MIA is so cool. Didn't know there was new stuff coming![/quote]

Dont shoot me but I heard it on Zane Lowes show a few weeks back! He actually played it twice. Gotta give him props for that. I wish i could find a high quility version somewhere but it doesnt seem to be out yet. The guitar riffs in it are nasty! (the good nasty like...)

[quote name='silddx' post='886154' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:14 AM']Love it! MIA is so cool. Didn't know there was new stuff coming![/quote]
I don't usually go for electronica, or whatever the label is that might be applied to MIA, but I love her stuff, listened to the first 2 albums pretty much constantly through January.

Right now, however, the iPod is set to shuffle through the Reggae genre (has been for a week or so - it's the sunshine that's done it), and all those Trojan boxed sets are kicking in with some forgotten masterpieces. Top Track - probably Soul Scorcher, by Carl Bryant (I think).

[quote name='teej' post='886879' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:47 PM']I don't usually go for electronica, or whatever the label is that might be applied to MIA, but I love her stuff, listened to the first 2 albums pretty much constantly through January.

Right now, however, the iPod is set to shuffle through the Reggae genre (has been for a week or so - it's the sunshine that's done it), and all those Trojan boxed sets are kicking in with some forgotten masterpieces. Top Track - probably Soul Scorcher, by Carl Bryant (I think).[/quote]
I adore her first but not her second album. This, however, sounds like she's evolved very nicely indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='WarPig' post='895741' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:11 PM'] [/quote]

Its been ages since I've heard that - used to listen to that album a lot when I was into hip hop. I love the drums when they pick up the pace at about 3.40!