Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='Wil' post='906544' date='Jul 27 2010, 12:18 AM']Its been ages since I've heard that - used to listen to that album a lot when I was into hip hop. I love the drums when they pick up the pace at about 3.40![/quote]

Love ?uestlove and Erykah Badu, what a tune.

Circus Maximus - Isolate had a bit of a going over this afternoon. Suited my mood. Dare I say Norwegian Dream Theater and a find from eMusic

- I love the guitar solo in this. Don't know why but it gives me goosebumps :rolleyes:

EDIT ....and I do realise it is largely technical w@nk but I like it :)

Edited by WalMan

This dude.......drumming like a total fruit cake over some quality Venetian Snares. There's another of him drumming over a Mesehh Ndegeocello track which is equally as cool, if not cooler :)

Edited by Veils

[quote name='Veils' post='908543' date='Jul 28 2010, 07:05 PM']This dude.......drumming like a total fruit cake over some quality Venetian Snares. There's another of him drumming over a Mesehh Ndegeocello track which is equally as cool, if not cooler :)

[/quote]
Libertad by Velvet Revolver

Shame Scott Weiland didn`t work out, as thought he`d found the exact right style and delivery on Libertad.

[b]Periphery - Icarus Lives[/b]

OMG Prog Metal is gettin INSANELY heavy! I do love prog but sometimes it's a tad wussy...if you get me? I like all things around Metal as much as the next music fan but I always felt Prog could benefit from being a bit heavier and less cheesy and without the 7 minute keyboard solo's...I'm not a fan of solo's much, I prefer rhythm...and these guys have done it!
Not the 1st, but this sure is the best I've heard in a long time...

and OMG I absolutely LOOOOOVE Djented guitars! *Djent Djent Djent*...Mmmm tasty tone!
Have a listen.

N.B. If u don't enjoy Prog Metal or Metal in any form save yourself the hastle, don't click play.
Although I know you Jazzers are often interested in prog, whether you admit it or not.
But alas, I'm chewing you ears off...JUST CLICK PLAY!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='908821' date='Jul 29 2010, 02:22 AM'][b]Periphery - Icarus Lives[/b]

OMG Prog Metal is gettin INSANELY heavy! I do love prog but sometimes it's a tad wussy...if you get me? I like all things around Metal as much as the next music fan but I always felt Prog could benefit from being a bit heavier and less cheesy and without the 7 minute keyboard solo's...I'm not a fan of solo's much, I prefer rhythm...and these guys have done it!
Not the 1st, but this sure is the best I've heard in a long time...

and OMG I absolutely LOOOOOVE Djented guitars! *Djent Djent Djent*...Mmmm tasty tone!
Have a listen.

N.B. If u don't enjoy Prog Metal or Metal in any form save yourself the hastle, don't click play.
Although I know you Jazzers are often interested in prog, whether you admit it or not.
But alas, I'm chewing you ears off...JUST CLICK PLAY!

[/quote]

fan of prog metal here. I was so excited for this band, after hearing all the tracks by Bulb. the album blowed. some nice riffs and tasty tones, but by god are the vocals whiney and ball-less. after hearing bulbs tracks, it feels like he took it down a notch for periphery.

[quote name='deathpanda' post='908823' date='Jul 29 2010, 02:40 AM']fan of prog metal here. I was so excited for this band, after hearing all the tracks by Bulb. the album blowed. some nice riffs and tasty tones, but by god are the vocals whiney and ball-less. after hearing bulbs tracks, it feels like he took it down a notch for periphery.[/quote]

Man I'm listenin to this album, the track Insomnia is gonna keep me up it's INSANE!!!
I've heard much worse vocals and I agree with u on Bulb, but it's the bass drum and the Djented guitars thats getting me...VERY CLOSE, to crashing my head throguh my monitor this is bloody crazy!
It's like SiKTH + Meshuggah (Minus the repeated octave abuse) = Epic win!!!

Jeez...this is a sick album...After Fear Factory's "Mechanize" I didn't think anything else could entertain me this year...yet these guys are friggin awesome.

To keep on topic, here's the track I said about as I am currently listening to it.

HEAVY!!!