Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

The Chronic? I have it somewhere.

Most likely in the back of the dusty CD cupboard! Yep it’s excellent. Can finally play Dre now the kids are a bit older. Lyrics are generally not suitable.

BTW probably should add this to the Netflix recommendation thread but if you haven’t seen The Defiant Ones it’s a really interesting watch.

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Think that’s a different album, the one I’ve got is this, it’s really worn and a broken case where I played it so much 

EC3926EF-F679-40FA-AF52-5D1A65B3EA1B.jpeg

Not heard of that will look into it 

Was thinking:

ECDC4BCB-FB87-4DC4-8741-85004E2B3627.jpeg

Edit: Looks to have the same track listing … intriguing 

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 1

A coupla days ago I picked up Wasting Light and The Colour & The Shape by The Foo Fighters for 50p each in a charidee shop. TBH that's all they're worth and tomorrow they'll be going back to another. The latter has two or three goodish tracks at best in Monkey Wrench, Everlong and another I can't remember which one. My Hero is woeful. Wasting Light also has 2 good tracks. This seems to be the same with all their albums. The only CD I rate as being mostly good is the rock one off In Your Honour. Too many tracks are of the quiet verse-loud chorus variety but they 100% lack the tension or menace of a typical Pixies tune. Oh well mediocrity sells..... by the shedload. Just ask Oasis, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Nickelback, AC/DC, Taylor Swift, Adele......

Edited by Barking Spiders

On 08/11/2022 at 16:33, MothMan said:

Marillion - Kayleigh

I remember sitting backstage with the rest of the band trying to work out two lines in one of the verses ('Barefoot on the lawn with shooting stars/Loving on the floor in Belsize Park') minutes before going on stage and opening with Pseudo Silk Kimono into this. IIRC we didn't decide on the correct words and the singer mumbled the lines. 1990, first band, maybe 10th gig ever. 😬🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive rediscovered the Sensational Alex Harvey band. Absolutely phenomenal live. Great musicians, incredibly theatrical with a dark, sinister undertone. Saw them supporting Slade in Sheffield in the early 70's and l was hooked.....and 50 years later lm still hooked. Chris Glen is a very solid and underestimated bass player and as for Zal....just sensational. Check them out if you've never heard of them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Ive rediscovered the Sensational Alex Harvey band. Absolutely phenomenal live. Great musicians, incredibly theatrical with a dark, sinister undertone. Saw them supporting Slade in Sheffield in the early 70's and l was hooked.....and 50 years later lm still hooked. Chris Glen is a very solid and underestimated bass player and as for Zal....just sensational. Check them out if you've never heard of them.

Any excuse...

• Like 8