Why become a member? ×

Kit Richerson is no more. WTF?

Bassman Sam

This is a real shame... I've really enjoyed the couple of times I've been to see Kit and I thought she had something unique going on with the band.

I guess sometimes you have to be ruthless to get what you want and maybe she felt another direction was likely to attrract more interest, it can't be an easy decision to break off from a bunch of guys you've been playing with for a while.

I've not doubt Nige will move on to something equally good, he's a great player with a wonderfully dynamic style... Players who play to serve the song will always be in demand.

Edited by CamdenRob

Yes, always a shame if someone on here is involved..and especially someone as committed as Nige, but
you have to kind of applaud shutting something down if it isn't working...and by working, I just mean something
as simple as not moving on at the desired pace. What would be worse.... and so many bands are guilty of it,
IMO, for various reasons, is to just carry on doing the same thing for too long.
So, from the artists POV, it makes sense to step back and think again....

It is hard work keeping a band chugging along, ( as we all knmow ) esp if you have to do things on a shoe-string.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across this thread looking for another. I really appreciate your kind words and sentiments guys, I know Kit, and James, Sam, Ali, and Kate would too, so thank you x

Kit gave it five years and nowt really happened. Got a ton of support from you guys, but not that much else, not enough. Kit was 22 when I joined her band nearly five years ago, she was always into Hip Hop, Math Metal, Gabriel, Crowded House .. but she's developed and evolved a lot, and been writing lately in a way that the arrangements became increasingly difficult to shoehorn into a band of this format. We started using backing tracks and four BVs and it sounded amazing but still no real interest. "Hard to market" she was told. Add to that she's doing a PhD and working an internship, it became untenable. There's not even a need to gig anymore with the kind of music she's now writing and recording, everything one might need to get success can be achieved online.

I think she's a unique vocalist, songwriter, arranger, and she writes the most beautiful lyrics. Kit's very special and you recognised that. I hope she gets the success she wants. I've heard her new material and it's beautiful. I'll post it here and I hope you'll love it.

I'll really miss playing with her and her gorgeous band, but things change and we must all find our own paths. Mine will not include Mustang Sally :D

Thanks again for your amazing support, much love xx

RIP the Kit Richardson band ..

Long live CLAWS ..

Edited by xilddx

Thanks for that post Nigel. I was genuinely shocked when I saw Kit's facebook post that the band was splitting. As you know, my OH and I have been fans since you first posted on there about the band. We have bought the music and were looking forward to gigs t'up north but it was not to be. I really enjoyed the talent of the whole band, great musicians all round . I will continue to follow Kit's musical career as I love her voice. l will continue to follow your musical endeavours as you play in some interesting collaborations and you lay down some cool bass lines.

Always your stalker, Sam. :P[size=4] [/size][size=4] [/size]

Just saw this - I'm sorry for everybody concerned - I loved the album, which Nigel gave me at the last Herts Bash...I think Kit has got an exceptional voice and that it would be a shame if she never achieved anything as a result, especially as I think she has tons more talent than some of the sh*te we're subjected to through the popular media..

Nige, hope that you move into something that you enjoy where you feel valued and appreciated..good luck fella...

Thanks again guys.

Well, as you were saying in the 'Last Gig' thread, one door shuts and another opens. Just found out I'll be playing every day at Glastonbury, and got three dates in Brazil before that, I get a proper fee too. Funny old world init :)

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1396613418' post='2415683']
Thanks again guys.

Well, as you were saying in the 'Last Gig' thread, one door shuts and another opens. Just found out I'll be playing every day at Glastonbury, and got three dates in Brazil before that, I get a proper fee too. Funny old world init :)
[/quote]

Ace!

Thanks again guys.

[/quote]

Thats great news! onwards and upwards...

Thanks again guys.

[/quote]

Blimey Nige, you`ve not ousted Duff McKagans return to Guns N Roses have you with the Brazil dates?

Thanks again guys.

[/quote]

Result! Really pleased for you, fantastic news and well deserved I have no doubt! That's really put a smile on my face :)

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1396781455' post='2417185']
That's awesome, all with Sheema?
[/quote]

Yeah, should be interesting!

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1396647160' post='2416162']
Result! Really pleased for you, fantastic news and well deserved I have no doubt! That's really put a smile on my face :)
[/quote]

Cheers Fly.

• 3 months later...

Hey all

Just stumbled across this thread too :( 'tis a shame that Kit and the band have parted ways, but sounds like Nigel is doing well too. Funnily enough was updating my iPhone with new songs from iTunes today and found my old CD copy of 'Submission Chords' so I'm playing it right now on my phone in the background.

Best of luck to everyone. Wish you all well for the future. Nigel, hope to catch up with you at the SE Bash in November, unless you're up and gigging this way soon.

Ian

Hello chaps.

Brazil was supposed to happen at the end of May. The company had to postpone it because of Brazillian customs issues. Glasto never happened because of some sh*t that went down between the management and Glastonbury and it got pulled. I'm not happy about that and I pulled out of the Brazil gigs because I don't want to piss off anyone at work booking and cancelling and rebooking leave, it's not fair on my colleagues.

I'm going to be doing as much guitar work as possible with Sheema Mukherjee (work permitting), so there are UK shows planned and might be doing other international shows in Europe, India and Japan, but we'll see. May need to get a dep in for some of the international stuff. Sheema's launching her album very soon so I could be busy. I'll start a thread about that when it's available, I'm playing guitar and bass on some tracks so there [i]is[/i] a bass connection :)

Thanks for your kind interest x