Why become a member? ×

Amazing version of Stairway To Heaven

madshadows

Just watched this amazing version of Led Zeps STH, the remaining members of LZ are in the audience :)

[url="http://www.supajam.com/news/story/Incredible-video-Bands-cover-of-Stairway-to-Heaven-makes-Robert-Plant-and-Jimmy-Page-cry#.UuwiqktBX3A.facebook"]http://www.supajam.com/news/story/Incredible-video-Bands-cover-of-Stairway-to-Heaven-makes-Robert-Plant-and-Jimmy-Page-cry#.UuwiqktBX3A.facebook[/url]

John :)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1391246432' post='2354869']
Seen this posted before but worth another viewing, really enjoyable :)

Zepp purists will be along presently to give it a slating :P
[/quote]

Meh.. I'm a big fan, but I wouldn't say I'm a purist.

I just find it overblown and syrupy. And I HATE the way they resolve it at the end. But then, Zep were guilty of that too.

With my old rocknroll fart's hat on I'd have to say it was a tad overdone for my personal taste (and it's not my favourite LZ song as it happens which doesn't help), but the girl can certainly sing and if anyone in the business deserves such an accolade then Led Zep most certainly do.

Well worth the viewing overall though and thanks for posting.

I much preferred Led Zeppelin back in the days when they were mysterious and enigmatic, and when you seldom saw or heard them on mainstream mass media. and knew nothing of the personal about the various members except by rumour and hearsay. That was a big part of what made them Led Zeppelin. Nowadays, I know what John Paul Jones wife likes to cook ( fish) , I could actually pop round to Jimmy Page's house and knock on the door, and Robert Plant bought a sweater from my friend's girlfriend at a craft fair. That is not right.

Participating in schmaltzy showbiz events like this has done nothing but diminish the Zeppelin legend, which, like all legends, relied on being lost to history. Their other big mistake ( much bigger ) was to reform and play those reunion shows and charity concerts like Live Aid ect. They showed themselves to be mere mortals, when they had previously been gods, and should have left it that way for all our sakes. .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1391347636' post='2356018']
I much preferred Led Zeppelin back in the days when they were mysterious and enigmatic, and when you seldom saw or heard them on mainstream mass media. and knew nothing of the personal about the various members except by rumour and hearsay. That was a big part of what made them Led Zeppelin. Nowadays, I know what John Paul Jones wife likes to cook ( fish) , I could actually pop round to Jimmy Page's house and knock on the door, and Robert Plant bought a sweater from my friend's girlfriend at a craft fair. That is not right.

Participating in schmaltzy showbiz events like this has done nothing but diminish the Zeppelin legend, which, like all legends, relied on being lost to history. Their other big mistake ( much bigger ) was to reform and play those reunion shows and charity concerts like Live Aid ect. They showed themselves to be mere mortals, when they had previously been gods, and should have left it that way for all our sakes. .
[/quote]Or i guess it could be viewed as the biggest band in rock could be seen by a younger generation. I enjoyed them reforming. Don`t forget that people who never had the pleasure to see them first time around, probably thought they were awesome even though in your opinion, they are past their sell by date