Why become a member? ×

Black Extreme Jazz Bass with Hard Case

yorks5stringer

This new Black Extreme Jazz-type Bass with hard case was very generously donated by "Rhino" and Beat-It Music of Baildon to the Yorkshire Bassbash, held on June 29th.

The view of those present was that we should raffle it for £5.00 per ticket on this site as it exposes it to more potential purchasers and therefore we should be able to raise more money for the musically-related charities we wish to support. The winner drawn will get to choose which one of the following Charities the money raised goes to: MBF, Orpheus, Youth Music, Drake Music and Nordorff Robbins.

The closing date for buying tickets will be 8.15 pm on Saturday 12th July, the winning ticket will be drawn by Ernie
(the fastest milkman in the West Yorkshire) at that time.

Remember this is for Charity and it is a great little package too.

We have raised £40 so far from the Bash, help us take it to a more meaningful sum!

[attachment=10316:extremeP65B.jpg]
Again just a stock photo, but this Bass is new, from shop stock.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Just thinking along the lines of trying to make more money....

How about getting £5 each from members, and sticking it all in a Paypal account or the like, and then having a raffle for it? Surely more people would happily spend a fiver, and with any luck raise more money than one person buying it?

Only my twopeneth.

Regards,
Pete.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='231225' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:09 PM']Just thinking along the lines of trying to make more money....

How about getting £5 each from members, and sticking it all in a Paypal account or the like, and then having a raffle for it? Surely more people would happily spend a fiver, and with any luck raise more money than one person buying it?

Only my twopeneth.

Regards,
Pete.[/quote]

That is a really good idea! I'd go for that

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='231265' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:47 PM']Well I'm definitely up for the £5 into a raffle if yorks5stringer's happy to go with that idea.[/quote]

Guys

I'm a bit conscious of 'changing horses in mid stream' on this as the other auction seems to be going OK. However if at least 20 b'chatters pledge on here they will buy a £5 Raffle ticket then I'll set it up.

It's over to you folks............

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='231279' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:09 PM']Guys

I'm a bit conscious of 'changing horses in mid stream' on this as the other auction seems to be going OK. However if at least 20 b'chatters pledge on here they will buy a £5 Raffle ticket then I'll set it up.

It's over to you folks............[/quote]
Well here's my pledge.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='231279' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:09 PM']Guys

It's over to you folks............[/quote]

I'm up for it , ma vieux pomme de terre ! ("My old tatie" in french)

Rhino

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='231564' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:20 PM']Yes, stick me down for a skydiver

Are we near 20 yet ??[/quote]

I make it 17 and clearly it would not be proper for me to enter...so come on down, 3 more to go.

I'm not sure if I can set up a new Paypal account for myself (anyone ever done a new one)? If this is the case I'll pm my current PP account details and :) confidential subject heading to all those who buy a ticket!

Edited by yorks5stringer