Why become a member? ×

Good service does still exist.

Maude

Nothing too major to say but you only seem to hear about bad service these days so I thought I'd let you all know of my good service.
The wife and I went up to Brighton for a long weekend this weekend for a well earned break away from the kids and a spot of Christmas shopping.
I had rung GAK and put a deposit on a Digitech Bass Synth Wah as they are doing them for £35, rather than post it I could pick it up. We went in on Saturday and picked up the pedal, had a little play with it to make sure all was well and they let me use whatever bass and amp I wanted to test it. I also put a deposit down on a Squier Bass VI while I was there. As we were leaving my wife mentioned how nice the stools were that were dotted around and, if they sold them, would I like one for Christmas? We enquired and ended up ordering one of our choice, I won't go into detail but nothing seemed too much trouble. The stool should be in store with the morning delivery on Monday, perfect as we were leaving for home around lunchtime on Monday, we'll pick it up and be on our merry way. Turned up to collect the stool and the wrong one had been sent, no big deal as they would send the correct one and it will be with me the next day, no postage charge. They also gave me a 20' Venom cable free as an apology for ordering the wrong stool. I left a very happy chap!
I'm not associated with GAK in any way but thought I'd share that there are still some good places out there, thanks GAK :) .

I`ve had nothing but good service/advice from GAK. I bought my amp set-up from them, and asked if they would price match against another more Germanic dealer. They were happy to do so, stating they weren`t losing £xx, but gaining a sale of £yy.

I had good customer service from them in the past my only gripe is that they advertise literally everything in the bass world that is available to buy, then try to get hold of something when someone orders it... I've had orders delayed for months then eventually cancelled when it turns out the item isn't available.

They should only advertise stuff they can actually sell you.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1387272495' post='2309990']
I had good customer service from them in the past my only gripe is that they advertise literally everything in the bass world that is available to buy, then try to get hold of something when someone orders it... I've had orders delayed for months then eventually cancelled when it turns out the item isn't available.

They should only advertise stuff they can actually sell you.
[/quote]

I've had exactly the same problem with them in the past, and thats put me off using them again. I do keep hearing good things about them though, maybe I should give them another chance.

I went down to GAK in the summer on a Saturday, tried out a couple of USA Precisions and the bloke running the bass section couldn't have been more helpful - happy to let me try what I wanted and bent over backwards to be accommodating. I'd never thought a lot of their customer service in the past, but now wouldn't hesitate to use them. He was also happy to let a young lad play his dream bass - a Rickebacker of some variety, despite it being a rare one over here and it being obvious the lad wasn't going to buy it then.

It is nice to hear this. I think stores are HAVING to make sure their service is top notch.

I know the economic situation doesn't necessarily affect those that might stretch to nice music gear as much as others, but still, stores NEED to retain custom.

My only gripe with any service is when they are great at selling, but not so great at the returns. This happens with any store, with any product, but I guess that is how things are. Customers should remember that you are paying the store, and the product is more than likely a separate entity, and part of the profit the store takes will be eaten by returns and dealing with manufacturer issues. That is why the shop exists, otherwise it would be direct like Carvin in the USA.

The best service, outside music related items, is the clothing store ASOS. Fantastic sale/return/exchange service. Free easy returns. I know clothing is different but it makes online shopping much better.

Edited by Musicman20

Another happy GAK customer here. I wanted a Genz Benz Contour 500 combo and was initially going to buy it from the only other place doing them in this country. A CTR500-210T was showing as 'in stock' on the other retailer's website so I phoned to make a purchase; turns out they had none in last week, so I went to GAK's website and placed an order with them and the combo was at my door within 48 hours, same price as the other retailer, plus a free guitar cable and free delivery via FedEx.

Hello all! Mark from GAK here.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for all your kind words. I'd like to think that this year has been our best year ever for improving our levels of customer service, and it's brilliant to get some feedback that suggests the same. In terms or stock availability, our website has improved a lot in the past year or two. If something says that it's available for next day delivery, and you order before 3pm, you should get it next day. There are, of course, cases where this doesn't happen but 99 percent of the time, we're spot on with deliveries.

Also, I'm trying to spend a bit more time on forums. If you've got any questions about gear, or orders you've placed, either drop me and email at mark[dot]packham[at]gak.co.uk or on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/gak_co_uk

This interaction with someone from the shop it's self is excellent and can only help GAK.

BC is a large community of bass gear buyers. You've only got to look at the Genz NX212Ts that came in a couple of weeks back... judging from the thread BC accounted for more than half of them.

Makes sense to have someone on hand to interact with us

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1387359847' post='2310984']
This interaction with someone from the shop it's self is excellent and can only help GAK.

BC is a large community of bass gear buyers. You've only got to look at the Genz NX212Ts that came in a couple of weeks back... judging from the thread BC accounted for more than half of them.

Makes sense to have someone on hand to interact with us
[/quote]

No worries. I'll try and be here as much as possible, but like I say, give me a shout on Twitter if you need me urgently!

Dan Thomas at GAK, was very helpful when i purchased quite a few expensive items and they arrived damaged, he went out his way to see i got some good deals and made sure my orders were double boxed from now on as i am a jinx lol. I mainly buy between GAK and Sounds Live. Both do great deals if you spend a few quid.