Why become a member? ×

Listen up Basschat ...... We want woolly hats !

Stealth

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1385071594' post='2284257']
That's a great idea, actually. :)
Stand by for about a thousand different opinions on what makes a good colour scheme! :D
[/quote]

3TSB and white or is it 3TSB and black?

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1385071933' post='2284269']
what about having the logo in the shape of a famous bass, and it said "bassenchatter" across it ?
[/quote]

I think BC is in enough trouble with an certain evil capitalist guitar company as it is.

Personally i fancy a BC balaclava for semi-legal cold weather excursions.

The annoying thing is that we could get (say) 100 of these hats made up & embroidered with the Basschat logo for roughly £400, which is hardly the end of the world.

That would be 100 of the same design, same colour, one-size-fits-all, and stop asking if we can get an XXXL with a peak in purple just for you cos we can't, OK?

http://www.btcgroup.co.uk/assorted-caps-hats.html?p=1

The devil, of course, is in the detail.[list]
[*]Postage & packing would damn near double the cost of each hat by the time it's delivered to the end user.
[*]Not all 100 would sell, so assumptions about unsold stock would have to be factored into the pricing.
[*]Someone would have to actually run the show, deal with the orders, fund the initial make-up, etc.
[/list]
From a purely business, bean-counting point of view, you'd be looking to sell these for £10 delivered.

At that price-point I know that I'd buy one, but I wonder how many others would actually dip their hands in their pockets for this ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1385213067' post='2285654']
Yes, I rather had my eye on that one too.

Bizarrely, the description on the page calls that "yellow".

Erm ...
[/quote]

They can probably do, for that model, any of the 'fluo' colours (green, red/pink etc...)..?
Orange and black seem appropriate to me (I wonder why..?). :mellow:

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1385205125' post='2285546']
The annoying thing is that we could get (say) 100 of these hats made up & embroidered with the Basschat logo for roughly £400, which is hardly the end of the world.

That would be 100 of the same design, same colour, one-size-fits-all, and stop asking if we can get an XXXL with a peak in purple just for you cos we can't, OK?

[url="http://www.btcgroup.co.uk/assorted-caps-hats.html?p=1"]http://www.btcgroup....s-hats.html?p=1[/url]

The devil, of course, is in the detail.[list]
[*]Postage & packing would damn near double the cost of each hat by the time it's delivered to the end user.
[*]Not all 100 would sell, so assumptions about unsold stock would have to be factored into the pricing.
[*]Someone would have to actucoally run the show, deal with the orders, fund the initial make-up, etc.
[/list]
From a purely business, bean-counting point of view, you'd be looking to sell these for £10 delivered.

At that price-point I know that I'd buy one, but I wonder how many others would actually dip their hands in their pockets for this ...
[/quote]
If the hats are a go can we not all pay up front in to a kind of central kitty and if enough money goes in to order say 100 hats they have been paid for already no one is out of pocket blah blah blah :)

That's a possibility of course, but there's a lot else to think about first.

Even if we want to do this "at cost" so that nobody is out of pocket and nobody makes a profit, Basschat and its logo actually belong to someone (Ped & Kiwi, ectually) so it's their call anyway.

If Basschat wants to use this as a fund-raiser then the whole thing would need to be under their control, and it would be up to them how to deal with any risk element.

Given the semi-serious comments about other Basschat-branded stuff (fleeces, scarves, etc.) and the fact that BC t-shirts have existed for ages, there could also be a case made for creating a Basschat on-line shop.

Suddenly we're getting into much choppier water ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1385214008' post='2285664']
That's a possibility of course, but there's a lot else to think about first.

Even if we want to do this "at cost" so that nobody is out of pocket and nobody makes a profit, Basschat and its logo actually belong to someone (Ped & Kiwi, ectually) so it's their call anyway.

If Basschat wants to use this as a fund-raiser then the whole thing would need to be under their control, and it would be up to them how to deal with any risk element.

Given the semi-serious comments about other Basschat-branded stuff (fleeces, scarves, etc.) and the fact that BC t-shirts have existed for ages, there could also be a case made for creating a Basschat on-line shop.

Suddenly we're getting into much choppier water ...
[/quote]Ah Ok I thought it had already been put to "the powers that be" but yeah is there call without a doubt :)