Why become a member? ×

Strickly

Colonel36

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1381001939' post='2233330']
How can you think about music when Susanna Reid is cavorting for your viewing pleasure? Some things are more important than bass , and Susanna is one of those things .
[/quote]

Oh I dunno, I always lower the tone when she's mentioned, it's all about the bottom end :D

Edited by Maude

[quote name='Colonel36' timestamp='1381001127' post='2233323']
Class band, singers, sound and bass.
Class.
[/quote]
Totally agree - Trevor Barry does a grand job in that band. I originally started watching Strictly for the band, but have been totally hooked on the complete show ever since. Sophie Ellis-Bextor's one of my tips to win it this year....

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1381013279' post='2233502']
Agreed. Good god, she's incredible.
[/quote][quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1381013279' post='2233502']
Agreed. Good god, she's incredible.
[/quote]

Never watched it before. Susanna Reid is on and I am now hooked. Sod the band

I'm with 4000 with regards to the band, but in their defence I think it's more an issue with the arrangements. They just don't quite seem as balls out as some of them should be. It sounds like the band who have the potential to be astonishing are being held back by the dots.

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1381058116' post='2233756']
To be honest I'm not a fan of the band.

[/quote]I didn't want to be the first to say this, so glad I'm not alone. I have often been underwhelmed by their renditions. The MD often picks the wrong key for the singers (the guy straining on Beat It last night was not nice), the timing is often way off (not good when the dancers practice to the original recordings) except when they use a drum machine. I get that it's very hard to learn all that new stuff every week, but they're pros aren't they?

As much as I don't like SR as a news person, she does seem to be able to dance quite well; I think she'll go far.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1381074105' post='2234013']
I didn't want to be the first to say this, so glad I'm not alone. I have often been underwhelmed by their renditions. The MD often picks the wrong key for the singers (the guy straining on Beat It last night was not nice), the timing is often way off (not good when the dancers practice to the original recordings) except when they use a drum machine. I get that it's very hard to learn all that new stuff every week, but they're pros aren't they?

As much as I don't like SR as a news person, she does seem to be able to dance quite well; I think she'll go far.
[/quote]

they dont learn anything the songs are picked on the monday, arrangements done by thursday and then dress rehearsal before the show its all pretty much sight reading with one maybe two runs through before the show goes live

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1381074731' post='2234028']

they dont learn anything the songs are picked on the monday, arrangements done by thursday and then dress rehearsal before the show its all pretty much sight reading with one maybe two runs through before the show goes live
[/quote]Good knowledge sir, that explains much.

My complaint about [i]Strictly[/i] is that no bugger comes out till it's finished. My band played a social club gig last night, due to start at 8. Four (4) paying punters in the room. Hirer suggested don't start till 8.15, by which time a few more had drifted in, but the place didn't really fill up till half way through the evening, so people paying £6 on the door for half a night's entertainment. I suppose they're the ones losing out in the end.

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1381095154' post='2234382']
My complaint about [i]Strictly[/i] is that no bugger comes out till it's finished. My band played a social club gig last night, due to start at 8. Four (4) paying punters in the room. Hirer suggested don't start till 8.15, by which time a few more had drifted in, but the place didn't really fill up till half way through the evening, so people paying £6 on the door for half a night's entertainment. I suppose they're the ones losing out in the end.
[/quote]

If you knew in advance what songs they were all dancing to you could put a big screen (with no sound) in the club and do live versions of the strictly songs, in whatever style your band normally is .................. I want to see a psychobilly band do it :D