Why become a member? ×

Basschat - can we have 'more topics per page' please?

tedmanzie

I'd like to see Basschat display more topics by default on the page, which would avoid so much page clicking.

If not a default then an option to load '50, 100, 250' topics would be good. Download speeds are so good these days that its quicker to browse a long page rather than click through 4 or 5.

Especially in the [b]sales forum[/b] it would be a time saver and avoid a lot of the bumping to get back onto page 1. There are currently only about 20 topics before the page is full.

Not a big issue by any means, but an option would be good in my opinion.

Edited by tedmanzie

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1380375673' post='2224453']
Maybe it's time for you all to put your hands in your pockets and donate some cash to revamp the site that was revamped not that long ago. First world problems, eh.
[/quote]

The £20 subscription was introduced recently and anyone that is selling items over £50 (which includes me) has paid.

An option to see a different amount of results per page isn't a revamp, and may already be a feature of the software which is easily enabled.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1380389895' post='2224692']
From a high level technical perspective it shouldn't be difficult to do, but the catch [b]might[/b] be what happens when someone accesses the site using a mobile device.
[/quote]

If it's anything like me using a mobile device...it's a case of try it once, get the hump because it doesn't work then wait until I get on a proper computer when I get home :)

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1380396682' post='2224802']
If it's anything like me using a mobile device...it's a case of try it once, get the hump because it doesn't work then wait until I get on a proper computer when I get home :)
[/quote]

That does seem to be the default method.
It's rumoured that 4G actually means you have to have 4 Goes before it'll work. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1380389895' post='2224692']
From a high level technical perspective it shouldn't be difficult to do, but the catch [b]might[/b] be what happens when someone accesses the site using a mobile device.
[/quote]

I've just made a couple of adjustments as per the request - let's hope it doesn't break the forum!