Why become a member? ×

The dread of all dreads,,,,,, i feel so sorry for him..

funkgod

I felt bad when my 1830 theodore h fell over in the studo and snapped the head where the a and d tuners
go through, all the guys just stood there slackjawed as if to say "i did not move" like i was going to kill someone :lol:
im not joking my fu)*&n heart jumped out. :(

I did take the electric to all double bass gigs at first but that was because I was worried about my atamina. I only take the double bass now. Piano players only take one (electric) piano, gutiarists one guitar, trumpeters one trumpet, vocalists one PA and so on. Why do bass players feel that have to prepare for alien invasion and the likelihood of a tsunamis when no-one else does? ;)

I have to say, the likelihood of my being taken ill is higher that the likelihood of my bass exploding. It's life.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1377597780' post='2189108']
Piano players only take one (electric) piano, gutiarists one guitar, trumpeters one trumpet, vocalists one PA and so on. Why do bass players feel that have to prepare for alien invasion and the likelihood of a tsunamis when no-one else does? ;)
[/quote]

Guitarists only take one guitar? I'd love to be in that band :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1377601246' post='2189178']
Guitarists only take one guitar? I'd love to be in that band :)
[/quote]
When I was gigging regularly on guitar, there were extremely rare times that I took more than one guitar and from memory those were only when I needed acoustic guitar for a couple of tracks in the set, not as a backup.

I've only had two let-downs in a long time and, strangely enough, both were due to tail wires letting go. First one was quite spectacular because I was using a three-point alloy bridge so a lot of bits flew about. As luck had it, the main band that we were supporting had a DB so I was able to borrow a very nice instrument. Second time Mrs B put my spare in her car and met me half way there. I only take one bass to the gig, with a spare set of strings of course.

[quote name='MikeM36' timestamp='1377609037' post='2189324']
ouch, but what was wrong with that audience? They were cheering cos his bass fell apart? What did those sadists want for an encore, for him to feed the remains through a wood chipper?
[/quote]

Lest we forget, plenty of audiences used to fly into a similar frenzy at the sight of Pete Townshend swinging a guitar at a 4x12...

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1377597780' post='2189108']

I have to say, the likelihood of my being taken ill is higher that the likelihood of my bass exploding. It's life.
[/quote]

O dear bilbo :unsure: ... thats it now, youve said it :( ,,,,,,,,,
watch this space :shok:

Serves him right for playing a solo.....

After I had a drunk punter stumble into my bass, knocking off the bridge and dropping the soundpost I took an electric to those gigs which involved an overnight stay as I wouldn't be able to get my bass to the shop to have the soundpost reset.
Otherwise i don't bother taking a spare - there isn't really room in the car.

[quote name='MikeM36' timestamp='1377609037' post='2189324']
ouch, but what was wrong with that audience? They were cheering cos his bass fell apart? What did those sadists want for an encore, for him to feed the remains through a wood chipper?
[/quote]

I'd much rather people cheering and laughing than them being all sad and upset :) besides, "Hey yeah I remember you guys, the double bass that exploded right?" That would NEVER get old :P
Cai

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1377597780' post='2189108']... Why do bass players feel that they have to prepare for alien invasion and the likelihood of a tsunamis when no-one else does? ;)
[/quote]

Bass players feel that they have to prepare for alien invasion and the likelihood of a Tsunami [i]precisely because[/i] no-one else (least of all in the band!) does! ;)