Why become a member? ×

Chicken picks. anyone using them?

dave_bass5

Back on topic. Very hard to see what exactly is different about the picks from the website...

My personal experience with hard picks on the bass is that they sound fantastic when you play on your own. However add a cleanish guitar sound into the mix and all that lovely sharp attack just vanishes. I keep coming back to nylon picks (specifically Herco Flex 75s) for the bass because the attack they produce doesn't get masked by the guitars.

[quote][font=georgia,serif]The stiffness of the material and the thickness of the ChickenPicks® gives you improved performance. [/font]

[font=georgia,serif]... because they don’t bend action/reaction delay is eliminated. It takes less energy to play the riffs you want, and your picking hand and arm won’t tire ... Mass matters…! This mass also makes it easier to pull clear tones from a bass guitar. [/font][/quote]

[font=georgia, serif]Bassists! A ChickenPicks® pick will increase [i]your[/i] picking speed by 500mph! Leave your guitarist in the weeds and step out of the club with the hottest chicks! [/font]

[font=georgia, serif]A [/font][font=georgia, serif]ChickenPicks® pick will add 3 inches to your penis girth and six inches to your overall height ([size=2]Continental US only[/size]). Earn $Millions! Ask [/font][font=georgia, serif]ChickenPicks®[/font][font=georgia, serif] how![/font]
[font=georgia, serif].[/font]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1373383820' post='2136952']
They might last a thousand years more than other picks but I'll still lose em' at the same rate.
[/quote]
[quote name='Themrperson' timestamp='1373394568' post='2137116']
To be honest, never heard of them or the artists that use them. At the of the day I know what size I like mine so I use them. I don't also see the need for paying that much when I lose mine really easily. I bough 5, lost 4 in one day. They just vanish!
[/quote]

I buy my Herco Picks 100 at a time. I've got through about 400 in the last 20 years...

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1373395261' post='2137128']
[font=georgia, serif]Bassists! A ChickenPicks® pick will increase [i]your[/i] picking speed by 500mph! Leave your guitarist in the weeds and step out of the club with the hottest chicks! [/font]

[font=georgia, serif]A [/font][font=georgia, serif]ChickenPicks® pick will add 3 inches to your penis girth and six inches to your overall height ([size=2]Continental US only[/size]). Earn $Millions! Ask [/font][font=georgia, serif]ChickenPicks®[/font][font=georgia, serif] how![/font]
[/quote]

That joke was pretty fowl.

Haven't tried the actual picks, so I can't comment on those, but I unfollowed Chickenpicks' Twitter feed from our Basschat account because they're incredibly spammy - they post all the time, but offer nothing of real interest except endless - and very frequent - repetition of advertising slogans and assorted claims. (Or at least they did until my Unfollow made them disappear from BC's feed!).
A lesson on how [b]not[/b] to run a social media account.

[url="http://alaskapik.com/"]http://alaskapik.com/[/url] are my picks of choice. If I'm playing something in a set that doesn't need a pick, I take it off and stick it on my little finger. Never gets lost (except when I leave them lying around on top of amps, tables, cupboards, desks, shelves........etc etc......)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1373395261' post='2137128']

[/quote]
:mellow: .......... :o .......... :huh: ................. :blink: .................. :mellow:

I bought twelve

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1373470559' post='2138010']
Still not found anything that suits me better than a Jim Dunlop nylon 1mm. They only ever seem to come in black though which makes them a magnet for getting lost on dark stages.
[/quote]

The Herco ones are silver/grey. I still loose them by the pocket load. Be thankful that you don't use clear plastic picks like a guitarist friend of mine. Put them down anywhere and they are gone...

I guess im lucky in that i dont tend to loose picks that often. Ive had the same pack of Claytons 1.9mm Acetal picks for about 4 years. Started off with 12 and ive still got 9.
I guess thats a no to anyone using the Chicken picks then. I do get very sceptical when something is advertised as better than anything that gone before it (EB Cobalt's were another disappointment)

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1373478957' post='2138140']...They are always refered to as picks on here but I don't know anyone who calls them that, They are plecs.
[/quote]

I agree. I've never used any of these terms. To me and mine these have always been, and will always be called 'thingies' and 'wotsits'. Why not use these correct technical terms..? :mellow:

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1373479713' post='2138157']
Well for one, they are called Chicken picks, and I suppose this is because we pick, not plec the strings.
Everyone i know uses the term "pick" or " plectrum", In fact I've never heard anyone use the term "plecs" before.
[/quote]

Must be a northern term then. Anyway the item mentioned by the op are in fact Chicken Pick plectrums, so they are "plecs" :D

Just like my Jim Dunlop plectrums are "plecs" not Dunlops. :P