Why become a member? ×

Kim Deal quits the Pixies

Ruiner

Feel sorry for whoever is given the task of filling those boots if they decide to carry on :(

[url="http://www.spin.com/articles/kim-deal-leaves-pixies-breeders/"]http://www.spin.com/articles/kim-deal-leaves-pixies-breeders/[/url]

Edited by Ruiner

I think it'll be a fair deal for all concerned! ;)

All joking aside, they've not toured for about a year and a half, but I don't think they have any of the money problems that they had as outlined in the "Loud Quiet Loud" documentary anymore; Frank Black's got his band with his wife "Grand Duchy" and Kim's probably going to do a new record(hopefully) with The Breeders!

A damn shame, but not the end of the world!

[quote name='Ruiner' timestamp='1371218145' post='2111342']
Feel sorry for whoever is given the task of filling those boots if they decide to carry on :(

[url="http://www.spin.com/articles/kim-deal-leaves-pixies-breeders/"]http://www.spin.com/...ixies-breeders/[/url]
[/quote]

I wouldn't want to put my feet in anything that Kim Deal had had hers in . A verruca or athletes foot or even gonorrhea would be the least you could expect . Now the Pixies will have to find another bass player who can't play very well but who talks a lot . I'm available .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1371219928' post='2111379']
I wouldn't want to put my feet in anything that Kim Deal had had hers in . A verruca or athletes foot or even gonorrhea would be the least you could expect . Now the Pixies will have to find aniother bass player who can't play very well but who talks a lot . I'm available .
[/quote]

:D ;) That made me chuckle!

I wonder if Melissa Auf Der Maur's free? She's be a good fit. Though I would rather they did at least ONE new album to tour with! I also get the feeling that if they DID ever tour again, Mr Thompson/Mr Black would just get his wife Violet-also the bassist in Grand Duchy-to do it.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1371220682' post='2111389']
The Pixies are still going? I thought they had split ages ago.
[/quote]

Well, IMHO, if they don't actually at least go on tour again and/or release some new material, they might as well! And-as I've made fairly clear recently on here-I love that band!

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='indiegrungesound' timestamp='1371221205' post='2111399']
Well, IMHO, they don't actually at least go on tour again and/or release some new material, they might as well! And-as I've made fairly clear recently on here-I love that band!
[/quote]

Even though they were pretty open about reforming for the money, I was still hoping we'd see a new album at some point.

At least it stops them touring the same songs for the next 10 years....or maybe not!

Must admit, I've never really 'got' The Pixies.....highly influential, but the record themselves always leave me a bit cold....sorry fans! :([size=4] [/size]

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1371226593' post='2111466']
At least it stops them touring the same songs for the next 10 years....or maybe not!

Must admit, I've never really 'got' The Pixies.....highly influential, but the record themselves always leave me a bit cold....sorry fans! :([size=4] [/size]
[/quote]

Have to say I feel a bit the same.
Although I've doing 'Gigantic' with one of my bands and quite enjoying it. It's gone down well with the punters at jam nights too.
I've just been doing the bass part and female vox does the singing. I do admire KD for doing both at the same time!

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1371223322' post='2111422']
I was a huge fan of the Pixies, but so what? They split up in 1993 which was about four years too late. A new album would have been a mistake. They should have left it at Doolittle.
[/quote]
Word.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1371299332' post='2112273']
I do like the pixies, and have al their albums but Trompe le Monde was a step too far.

having said that, there are a couple of fairly decent tracks on it, Subbaculture being one
[/quote]

TBH, I actually like "Trompe Le Monde" better than "Bossanova". Excellent call on "Subbacultcha" though!