Why become a member? ×

Bass related tshirts....

LukeFRC

I have two bass related Ts, the Tesco one and one that says something along the lines of 'stay away from the bass an nobody gets hurt'. Oh, and an ACG one that came with my bass :) .

As the lovely Mrs ead would tell you my wardrobe is shockingly boring as I see clothing as purely functional and have no interest in buying branded stuff. I have no idea why she puts up with me at all come to think of it :unsure:

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1368549051' post='2078392']
So.... I just wondered - what would bassists wear on their t-shirts?
[/quote]

Ketchup, usually.

The Scott Pilgrim bass t-shirt is the best:

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1368553010' post='2078496']
I always wanted a BassChat logo'd polo shirt with 'STAFF' on the back, like the kinda thing you see at venues.
[/quote]

Following the London Bass Guitar show earlier, wearing my Bsschat polo and now donning my free lanyard with 'Jellyfish' written on it. I then travelled to Westfield (to let the girlfriend do some shopping as payment for putting up with me playing all kins of basses!) We then went to Nandos for lunch and the lady behind the till took one look at me and asked 'Are you working in Westfield today?' and apparently if you work there you get a pretty nice discount! :)

Anyway, back on topic... I don't mind wearing tshirts related o bass, but none of those corny tag lines. Something discreet and tasteful, much like all of the tshirts on the Basschat shop. :)

I like witty and understated Tshirts best, I avoid fashion as best I can but unfortunately everything is based on it nowadays and you can't seem to get a plain slim pair of jeans, they're all bloody "twisted carrot fit" or something else unintelligible! I just want a straight pair of jeans that aren't too baggy and not too tight! But I digress, something funny and simple would win my vote, failing that I usually stick to shirts more than Tshirts nowadays!

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1368556643' post='2078561']
I'm in that minority as well.

I'll wear 'branded' clothing if it relates to a workplace thing, but that's about it.

Having said that, I wouldn't wear it, but I do find this funny:
[/quote]
I actually do own this t-shirt & do wear it :)

I dont really wear witty t-shirt's either but I love this one.The other logo t-shirts I wear are stuff I buy like "Fox" or "Burton" clothes.
Recently I have had a crisis of style so have decided to drop the surfer style that I dress in and move to a more classic style, I just dont want to look like an old fart that is trying to look young.

Edited by fumps

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1368573779' post='2078842']
Just 'BASS' in massive letters across the front in a really bold font. Could do it in a million different colours. Yellow on blue, red on White, blue on green etc.

I'd buy that!

Truckstop
[/quote]

I actually have one of those, got it online somewhere years ago - it's white on black, but I'm sure they did a whole load of other colours.

People are never sure whether it's a musical or a fishing reference though...

I quite like witty slogans on T shirts and wouldn't object to a Fender headstock design either.

BUT I currently do not own any T shirts with slogans on and the reason is that they always seem to be printed on really naff T shirts which do not suit a woman of my shape. They always seem to have really high, tight, round necks which look hideous on a woman with a large chest. And at my age they make me look like a batty old volunteer in an animal shelter.

So, Luke, if you have any option to think about the style of T shirt as well, please consider V necks, low cut round necks and more fitted styles.

(I'm probably a niche market though :unsure: )

Edited by seashell

I used to have one of these:
[url="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/151029748656?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64&ff19=0"]http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/151029748656?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64&ff19=0[/url]

Which in principle seemed very cool but I quickly decided it wasn't for me.

Got a few relatively obscure band t-shirts but nothing specifically bass related.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1368618293' post='2079194']

BUT I currently do not own any T shirts with slogans on and the reason is that they always seem to be printed on really naff T shirts which do not suit a woman of my shape. They always seem to have really high, tight, round necks which look hideous on a woman with a large chest. And at my age they make me look like a batty old volunteer in an animal shelter.

So, Luke, if you have any option to think about the style of T shirt as well, please consider V necks, low cut round necks and more fitted styles.

[/quote]

Shell, Zazzle do some styles suited to ladies like ourselves :P More fitted and scooped necks.... That's where I have been buying my bass t-shirts.

Luke, being a hobby related t-shirt whore (I have a gazillion chicken related ones as well :lol: ) if you could do cool logos with tshirts suited to women, I'd defo give them a go :D

Ooh there are some good ones on Zazzle, Debs, Thanks for that - I might have to get out the credit card.

I won't be buying this one though:

'Warning, Low Frequencies May Moisten Panties'

If I wore that, people would think I was in need of a Tena Lady! :lol:

I'd love one of these:

[url="http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/wp-content/uploads/octonauts.jpg"]octonauts.jpg[/url]

on a sky blue shirt with the text "Barnacles out!" underneath. I realise it's not bass related, but it IS juvenile and a bit Viz/Carry On.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1368618293' post='2079194']
I quite like witty slogans on T shirts and wouldn't object to a Fender headstock design either.

[/quote] We do womens fitted T shirts (U necks though) - I actually think they are nicer than the mens ringspun ones- google Gildan Softstyle Womens fitted... I dunno if that sorta thing would suit - if not would be interesting to find something that would! Tshirts is a funny thing we tend to use nice tshirts, which arn't super thick and look great. Except a lot of sellers use the heavier fabric tshirts - which I hate - but for some sizes it's better.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1368618418' post='2079200']
How about making one with a silouette Ric********* headstock? :ph34r:
[/quote] :D thought of that - but don't show the headstock in the photo! :D
[quote name='HeavyJay' timestamp='1368622843' post='2079313']
I used to have one of these:
[url="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/151029748656?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64&ff19=0"]http://compare.ebay....&ff14=64&ff19=0[/url]

Which in principle seemed very cool but I quickly decided it wasn't for me.

Got a few relatively obscure band t-shirts but nothing specifically bass related.
[/quote] I've seen that one. It's an odd one it's almost cool - but you wouln'd wanna wear it..