Why become a member? ×

Cog Effects custom build has arrived!

krispn

Tom at Cog has been tinkering away at a custom build for me which I can happily say have been finished and delivered!

The pedal is a combination of his Darklighter OD, a Lovetone Brown Source clone and a Hao Rust Driver.

I haven't had an opportunity to use it in anger yet but initial house volume tests reveal it's quite the beast covering all the bases from low gain, boost and ballsy drive. Tom has been an absolute delight to work with and his attention to detail and person focused approach speaks volumes. Cost wise this pedal was really competitive when you think it's a hand wired, 3-in-1b box and cost less than many boutique single function pedal.

If you have an idea for a custom build or a mod to an existing pedal give this man a call and see what he can do for ya! Tell him Gav sent ya :)

A link to the pedal is here: [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/tituspullo.php"]http://www.cogeffect.../tituspullo.php[/url]

Go check out Tom's gear and he has some new pedals in development. I know some forum users such as Shep have had Tom build them some gear!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by krispn

Nice.

Toms a genius. I have 2 custom units already, I've tried every pedal in the range and I have another 2 or 3 (might be 4, Tom?) custom bits in the pipeline. Stunning build quality, excellent finish and perfect audio.

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this earlier post- -due to a heap of circumstance I hadn't really had an opportunity to use the cog custom pedal that much recently but I've just had a full band practice last night and it was sounding really good. The band all thought the bass was sounding excellent and better than they can remember!

Looking forward to the new 'stock' range of pedals Tom!

Lovely stuff!

Tom is a delight to work with. I honestly think everyone on TB who is into effects should take the plunge and have Tom build you that pedal you keep searching and trading for. I don't think I've seen anyone complain about either the customer service or more importantly the quality of the tones!

For much less than the big name boutique builders he can deliver exactly what you want in a custom finish and thats a pretty strong selling point IMO.

Looking forward to the review hamfist!

Maybe we should start a review thread in the reviews forum with audio/video? C'mon Shep you already have about 5 of his pedals get the ball rollin' :)

Edited by krispn

I've got a really nice dirt pedal on the way from Tom, we're both pretty excited about it, twas a really fun collaborative process.
Final spec submitted couple of days ago, so a few weeks I think until we can reveal it :)

Si

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...