Why become a member? ×

Cog Effects custom build has arrived!

krispn

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1371724404' post='2117324']

Maybe we should start a review thread in the reviews forum with audio/video? C'mon Shep you already have about 5 of his pedals get the ball rollin' :)
[/quote]

I have a couple of custom builds in the works in Toms table at the mo. When they arrive I'll review and video demo all of my COG stuff in one go :)

• 2 weeks later...

initial tests at home were grand.......... then I took it to practice :-) :-)
it is such a versatile pedal, and that's without going into the 5 different clipping modes for each channel( that can be changed by an internal switch).
I can easily say this dirt pedal works better for me and my band than any other overdrive/distortion I have used ( and I have used a lot)it does the little bit of clear grit to a nice fuzz and just cuts in the mix
build quality inside and out is A1
and thr lack of any bad words about Tom holds testimony to how great a chap he is to deal with.
Happy chappy.

will certainly be commissioning a custom build soon.

Edited by danbowskill

Mine arrived two days ago, I am very excited. Design is superb, maybe best I ever had - artwork, details, etching. It realy kills by the way it looks. More important, it kills by the way it fits in the mix. It arrived two hours before rehearsal so I only placed it on pedalboard, left EQ and blend on 12, found suitable volumes for both channels and left GAIN 1 on 10, GAIN 2 slightly below 12...I have to say, even both guitar players were impressed. I left channel 1 on during whole rehearsal and the sound was great. I used it with Stuart Spector EURO 5 LX and Ampeg SVT VR/SVT810. I also used my Aguilar Agro as a boost for Knightfall and it also worked great, very simmilar to "Simple boy" sound.

I have to say big thanks to Tom!

Edited by p58

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1383903788' post='2270518']
Does anyone have any youtube / sound samples of the 66 please? I'm very tempted and they're only in Sheffield so I could meet up for a brew when I collect it!
[/quote]

I should warn you, there is a collection surcharge of a pack of jaffa cakes... ;-)

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1383910986' post='2270659']
I should warn you, there is a collection surcharge of a pack of jaffa cakes... ;-)
[/quote]

:D I reckon that could be arranged B)

Roughly whereabouts in Shefftown are you matey? ...and have you got one I could meet before ordering or is stock whatever you've got finished at the time?

Edited by andydye

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1383902943' post='2270500']
are you going for the 66?
[/quote]

Nope, just the std Knightfall. I run all my dirt through a clean blend looper so the clean blend bit is sorted already. If I really like it, who knows I might get a 66 later.
Tom's advice was that the std tone knob is actually slightly more transparent than the bass/treble arrangement. That's how I understood it anyway. Although the 66's bass/treble arrangement certainly gives an extra variety of tones over the standard tone knob.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1383917180' post='2270758']
Nope, just the std Knightfall. I run all my dirt through a clean blend looper so the clean blend bit is sorted already. If I really like it, who knows I might get a 66 later.
Tom's advice was that the std tone knob is actually slightly more transparent than the bass/treble arrangement. That's how I understood it anyway. Although the 66's bass/treble arrangement certainly gives an extra variety of tones over the standard tone knob.
[/quote]

Inertia has a Knighfall circuit and it is indeed very transparent with the tone knob, great variation and for me it is usable in all positions :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1383943329' post='2271206']

Inertia has a Knighfall circuit and it is indeed very transparent with the tone knob, great variation and for me it is usable in all positions :)
[/quote]

Excellent. I've just got to be patient for a short while now, as Tom is away for a few days.