Why become a member? ×

Cog Effects custom build has arrived!

krispn

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1387537342' post='2313030']
Oooooh, what does it do!? And is that image from Metal Gear Solid!? :)
[/quote]

Yep - it is! Hoping to have a few MGS themed units (Fanboi) - just mailed Tom about a few other ideas I've had kicking around.

It's an LS-2 on steriods, switches for channel A then B and the 2nd switch is for A + B with level controls for each channel. Also phase switches too.
Sounds amazing with the B7K and Oxide together.

Tom's a brilliant dude - and made the whole process easy and painfree (for me at least ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

Posted this in other thread and thought it belongs here! This beauty arrived Tuesday! Based on fix'd fuzz and with added filter controls on both fuzz tones and the final output, this covers all sorts of fuzz tones. Can go from really compressed driven phat bass to nice blended mellow fuzz tones when running singular tone, sounds better the louder it gets just begs to be turned to eleven! It self oscillates, a nice surprise, at extreme settings and THE most responsive fuzz ever played, acts differently to attack pressure and can get great subtle sluttery diminishing tones with different tone control. A really fun, awesome box of tricks! got a fantastic clean boost as well. Took me a while to get my head around the greatness of this box actually, the filters and how they blend ands a further element of sonic capabilities.

Yeah, Tom is a cool guy, real patient with my banter, questions and pestering but most importantly he knows and pedals, a lot. Very happy :)

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/jnxkkdp][IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/707/xkkd.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1387782472' post='2315479']
Top man Tom managed to get me my second Knightfall by the morning of my gig on the 20th. Stirling performance !

Still overcome by how good this pedal is, and to have two of them now gives mucho live flexibility.
[/quote]

That's why I've git a custom box with two of them in coming :)

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1389997408' post='2340499']
Posted this in other thread and thought it belongs here! This beauty arrived Tuesday! Based on fix'd fuzz and with added filter controls on both fuzz tones and the final output, this covers all sorts of fuzz tones. Can go from really compressed driven phat bass to nice blended mellow fuzz tones when running singular tone, sounds better the louder it gets just begs to be turned to eleven! It self oscillates, a nice surprise, at extreme settings and THE most responsive fuzz ever played, acts differently to attack pressure and can get great subtle sluttery diminishing tones with different tone control. A really fun, awesome box of tricks! got a fantastic clean boost as well. Took me a while to get my head around the greatness of this box actually, the filters and how they blend ands a further element of sonic capabilities.

Yeah, Tom is a cool guy, real patient with my banter, questions and pestering but most importantly he knows and pedals, a lot. Very happy :)

[url="https://imageshack.com/i/jnxkkdp"][/url]
[/quote]

Looks cool buddy! Did you go for the LPF HPF filters? Have them on Inertia and they are great!

LPF on the two fuzz tones and final blended signal which gets the tone you want whilst using the fuzzes to create fuzz 'nuance'. LPF on the higher tone as didn't want the tone to seem separate from bass tone with fizz but its not that fizzy at all. There's some setting where it sounds slightly pitchmoded because the two tones are balanced out smoothly and you can hear each voice, then there's really overdriven beefy tones that lead to the self oscillating gated bit where the note breaks up during sustain and gets subtle glitch fade. I will post sample when I get it together. cheers kev :)

Edited by Left Foot