Why become a member? ×

New Kit Richardson Video from the new EP - Private Universe (Crowded House Cover)

xilddx

The second video from the new EP Love Songs in Age which we are launching this coming Sunday 28th April with a show at Bush Hall in Shepherds Bush in London. We have some superb acts supporting too, Mayflys, Bethia Beadman and Sea Stacks. Tickets here [url="http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/live-music/whats-on/eventdetails/28-apr-13-kit-richardson-ep-launch-bush-hall/"]http://www.bushhallm...unch-bush-hall/[/url]

This is a cover of Private Universe by the wonderful Neil Finn and Crowded House. Hope you like it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJTcY_Wi1M0[/media]

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1366637985' post='2055226']
I don't know the original, but that is great. I love the video too. Were they afraid the chrome streamer would upstage Kit? :D
[/quote]

Streamer's gone dude :) The 83 Jazz is now my main squeeze. Thanks for the comments, so glad you like it!

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1366638763' post='2055248']
Streamer's gone dude :) The 83 Jazz is now my main squeeze. Thanks for the comments, so glad you like it!
[/quote]

Well, it looks and sounds great!
Just checked out the original on spotify, and I must say, I prefer the KR version - especially the drums, which give the whole thing a darker, more primal feel

The best cover version I have heard of that song (and I've heard a few).

I love Crowded House, and I always think its tough for people to do their songs justice, but once again Kit's sublime voice backed by all you talented guys have knocked it out of the ball park... Sensational Nige :D

(also some rather snazzy looking moves from you in your silk gloves and hat!)

I was expecting the song to stay on piano & everyone just picked up their instruments & stood there, but yeah... Brilliant track.
I don't know the original, but I really like this version. I'm gonna have to pop on Youtube & have a listen to the CH version.

Wow, take the vocals out and that has a pretty big Mogwai vibe (that is a very good thing in my world), but the vocals give it a sort of early Muse b-side but better vibe (also a good thing), very good indeed. They'll be cleaning feathers out of those violins for months though. Also the beret and gloves combo does give you something of a French assassin vibe.

Nige, it's SUPERB mate! Beautifully played and produced. And the video itself has a real 'pro' quality to it. Very nice indeed - cool and clever but not too artsy. I really dig it.

Mrs Skol commented how Kit's vocal reminds her of 'Kate Bush meets Jewel' (a US singer I hadn't heard of). Anyway, it's a compliment :)

BTW, does it actually look slow motion to you? We did a double speed version of the song in the same pitch to film to, and then slowed the film to half speed for the final edit. I was expecting it to look more dramatic, but it seems quite subtle, maybe I've watched it too often :rolleyes:

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1366670572' post='2055883']
BTW, does it actually look slow motion to you? We did a double speed version of the song in the same pitch to film to, and then slowed the film to half speed for the final edit. I was expecting it to look more dramatic, but it seems quite subtle, maybe I've watched it too often :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Yep, it looked slo-mo to me and I liked the effect. Though I thought Kit's lip-syncing looked somehow 'not quite right' in places, but your explanation of the double-speed recording probably explains that. But that's a really minor thing that I wouldn't have brought up if you hadn't asked.

Congrats on a seriously good piece of work.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1366754784' post='2057059']
Yep, it looked slo-mo to me and I liked the effect. Though I thought Kit's lip-syncing looked somehow 'not quite right' in places, but your explanation of the double-speed recording probably explains that. But that's a really minor thing that I wouldn't have brought up if you hadn't asked.

Congrats on a seriously good piece of work.
[/quote]
Thanks mate! I had serious fun at rehearsal last night with that fast tremolo pulse on a huge dub tone, long low slides sound awesome. It's going to sound massive live :) I'm rather excited.

Cheers!