Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters - Superb Customer Service

xilddx

Adam from Stringbusters has been a total gem sorting a string problem I just had extremely quickly.

I've been using them for about five years, they are superb, a great service anyway, but they've excelled at sorting the rare problems I've had with new strings.

I unstintingly recommend them.

[url="http://www.stringbusters.com/"]http://www.stringbusters.com/[/url]

Thanks Adam.

I use them pretty much exclusively, unless they're out of stock or I'm in a rush and need to run to a local shop. Always been more than happy with them. I've thankfully never had any trouble with any strings I've bought from Stringbusters but it's reassuring to know that they'll rush to my aid if I ever do! :)

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1364996160' post='2033803']
I do too. I emailed them at 4pm once about a dead G string in a set of DR's and they rang me straight away and I had a replacement in the next mornings post.
[/quote]

That's what they just did for me with a dead E in a set of Cleartones, I was not the only one. In fact Adam apologised for getting the supplier to post it today instead of yesterday as they couldn't get hold of them yesterday, they really care! Service like this is rare these days.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1364996160' post='2033803']
I do too. I emailed them at 4pm once about a dead G string in a set of DR's and they rang me straight away and I had a replacement in the next mornings post.
[/quote]
I'd love to go back to DR Black Beauties but after 4 dead Gs I gave up.

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1364996664' post='2033827']
Me too. Once they changed the coating they went to pot.
[/quote]

I had problems with both coatings but DR sent me replacement sets and I had faulty Gs with the new coating too.

big praise from me too. Never use anywhere else really. i plan on buying a pack of heavy guage DR drop tuners in the next couple of months from these guys as i need meaty strings and cant find any other strings cheaper that do a heavy guage with 115 on the low string.

Great selection of plectrums as well!

great store!

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1365005281' post='2034046']
I wish the discounts for multiple sets of strings still applied for sets of different gauges...

Otherwise, excellent.
[/quote]

That wouldn't work though would it, no economy of scale length or whatever.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1365005281' post='2034046']
I wish the discounts for multiple sets of strings still applied for sets of different gauges...

Otherwise, excellent.
[/quote]

Have you tried ringing them, just maybe the web isn't set up to deal with this but they may?

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1365002478' post='2033965']
I've got a set of DR Black Beauties waiting to be used - hope that the "G" isn't dead - I bought them about 6 months ago just haven't used them..
[/quote]
I had a set of the red ones arrive with a different colour B string to the others. Sorted it out fast although the supplier sent me the wrong colour red on the first attempt at fixing

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1365002478' post='2033965']
I've got a set of DR Black Beauties waiting to be used - hope that the "G" isn't dead - I bought them about 6 months ago just haven't used them..
[/quote]

I just ordered a new set, thought I would give them a chance again. I will be really pissed off if there is something wrong with them, even though I know Stringbusters will sort it out.

Stringbusters are great, I've used them pretty much exclusively for years now. Had the core of an Elites string break as soon as I started applying tension when stringing up, and they sent me a replacement next day. Great service!

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1365010274' post='2034135']
Have you tried ringing them, just maybe the web isn't set up to deal with this but they may?
[/quote]

I emailed the chap when the website didn't calculate the discount.
Just for clarification, I was ordering several sets of Rotosound Swing bass but they weren't all the same, a couple were 50-110, a couple were 45-105. It meant I paid the price for two sets of two, rather than get the discount for 4 sets, if that makes sense.

This is just a minor quibble and most of the time I would order the same sets anyway so I still use them. :)

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1365079551' post='2034943']
I'll be buying my next set from these guys based on all the great feedback.
[/quote]
[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1365078143' post='2034919']
not tried them, but due to restring soon so I might give them a go. Thanks for the tip.
[/quote]

You won't be disappointed chaps.