Why become a member? ×

Does the sound of your bass make you go, "OH YES!"?

Does the sound of your bass make you go, "OH YES!!!"??

Just wondered how many of you really love the sound of a particular instrument you have or have had in the past?

This only came up as I was playing my 2007 Status S2-Classic this afternoon (only through a little Roland bass cube) & the sound was as good as perfect to my ears. Excellent slap sound, harmonics amazing, really full and growly fingerstyle sound, etc. It can't get much better than this, I was thinking to myself!

Similar experiences?

Yes, my Retroactive makes me all grinny from ear to ear! Actually beginning to find more and more that I don't like the Groove as much coz the Retro is so much better, but.... ah well, I need a five string and it's nice to play i guess!

My Streamer LX has always had the "Oh yes!" factor. My recently acquired Ibanez also has that, but that's as much a feel thing as it is sound.

Though since I've finally mastered the EQ setting on my Trace head, pretty much any instrument I play through my rig gets an "Oh yes!". :)

Nope.

If you'd have asked me 12 months ago, I would have said no, but also said I'd nearly nailed my sound which I thought was clear lows, but 12 months later I now want to sell off my middy p-j bass, and have become aquainted to the sounds of a jazz with the bridge pup on around 40% and playing over it, will tone about midway and neck on about 90%. Yet I think I don't get along with jazz necks, although that could be shoddy technique and the fact mine needs a professional to look at it.

Edited by Buzz

my old status shark through my wee vox t25 amp. Warm and lovely.

I really think if vox had made a t250 or something i would never have had to buy another piece of gear again.

but they didnt.
and ive sold the status now....

i once had to borrow glasvagas' fender bassman stack (the one he used on later) that was awsome. In another league. :) Same the sound was so bad i was the only thing that sounded good!!!!

Yep, mine do. I'm really pleased with my three at the moment, although every now and then I fall out with my 62 RI Jazz, I have radius issues with it. The other two you can take anywhere...they don't bring shame on the family :)

[quote name='Josh' post='207620' date='May 27 2008, 09:56 PM']Since I found the sweet spot on both the Eden and my Thumb, the last few months have been tonal Nirvana.[/quote]

+1000 for that.

I hadn't played my Thumb V for a while (4 strings are fine for gigs I do). I restrung it last weekend and ran it through my Eden. I loved it. It really was the mutts.