Why become a member? ×

top-ten-most-dangerous-driving-songs

bertbass

Just received an unsolicited e-mail from confused.com and found this, http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/top-ten-most-dangerous-driving-songs?MediaCode=806&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=Newsletter14Jan13&utm_content=Christmas, Interesting. What do you think?

Well, I don't know much about the research, (although I am a little skeptical of their sample size etc), but his writing is awful :P

He states that rock is the most dangerous 'judging from the top 10', but only 2 (maybe 3 if you count Fallout Boy) of the top ten are actually rock songs. To me this comes across as a cheap (albeit light-hearted) dig at rock music.

A lot of obvious stuff missing that I'd expect to be there.
- Bat Out Of Hell
- Don't Stop
- Chasing Pavements
- Waiting For A Train by Flash and the Pan (not particularly advisable whilst on a level crossing)
- Spitting Games (can be distracting in small cars)

CB

A friend came off the road once (he was unharmed). The CD at the time was 'greatest TV themes' so he was pumping up the volume to The A Team theme, and obviously got a bit carried away.
After the event, the police were taking the piss out of him, as, when they arrived, he was upside down in a field with the theme to Neighbours blasting out :-)

Wow, a sample size of eight people? Can't fault that for a thoroughly researched article... <_< Although I'd imagine The Black Eyed Peas would be dangerous to drive to - difficult to steer properly with your fingers in your ears... :P

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1358255104' post='1935614']
The worst thing you can do, is put radio 4 on of a morning and listen To John Humphreys argue with politicians. He is a complete arse head.
[/quote]

True, dat.

Tracks that used to make me drive like a lunatic include:

Hocus Pocus
Speed King
Space Truckin'

I find a nice balance works for me. If I listen to anything to proggy/complex I start to lose myself in the song, but anything too simple I get bored and my mind wanders off.

I received that same email, read the article, passed it off as half assed pseudo science crap, and then loaded my car up with a few more rock/metal CDs for good measure.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1358256973' post='1935662']
I would rather crash my car than listen to Nickelback, 4real.

This is the most dangerous track on my USB sticks though. Thankfully it's very short:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfrQ8ZutmLE[/media]
[/quote]

The Dead Milkmen are a bad influence at the best of times. I remember walking home drunk a few years back and ended up chasing a badger up the road while singing 'The Badger Song' :unsure: Poor thing...and poorer me if it had gotten annoyed and come back at me!

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1358257022' post='1935665']
I ended up in Court on the Wednesday of TT week in 1985 after jamming my headphones into my bike helmet and playing Accept's Fast As A Shark when riding down the mountain on Mad Sunday...
[/quote]

Quality song.

My choice would be anything by Gallows, as they`re so full-on you just want to ram anything that`s in your way.