Why become a member? ×

Hi from West Sussex

SunEye

I thought I would introduce myself.

I've been playing bass for about 25 years. I currently play in a couple of covers bands. My main weapon of choice is a Warwick Corvette Standard V that I've had for just over 10 years. I play through a similarly old Hartke HA3500 and Hartke TP410. I grew up listening to 80s rock and metal, which I still enjoy listening to, but I generally play lighter stuff. In fact I'll play anything I can get my fingers around. It's all music and its all enjoyable to play.

For a job I co-own a rehearsal and recording studios in Chichester, West Sussex called [url=http://www.airtightstudios.com]Airtight Studios[/url] where I look after band rehearsals and recordings as well as teaching recording and mixing. Over the years I've also done a lot of live sound work. Mainly for local bands, but occaisionally bigger acts.

I look forward to some chat, learning stuff, and if I can, helping others with anything I know about.

Edited by SunEye

[quote name='urban Bassman' timestamp='1357729851' post='1927265']
Indeed welcome, from a fellow West Sussex-er - Burgess Hill. Plenty to see and do here.
[/quote]

And welcome from another Burgess Hillian - although "Urban" is probably a bit strong for our little town :D

I work in Fontwell so should pop over one lunchtime to see your place.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey SunEye,

Welcome! You'll probably have a good time here, so dive into it head first.

Interesting that you would help those in need. Now I am a noob, so I know everything, but you should really take care of Leen.
Only kidding of course.

Enjoy!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357729786' post='1927261']
:crigon_04:
[/quote]

You forgot to mention you're from Sudder'n Wetsex too! :P

best,
bert

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1357733559' post='1927357']
And welcome from another Burgess Hillian - although "Urban" is probably a bit strong for our little town :D

I work in Fontwell so should pop over one lunchtime to see your place.

Cheers,
Mike
[/quote]

I do a great frothy coffee - just bring the biscuits :)

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy this site, I used to live in Bognor up until 5 years ago, lived in Chichester before that and have now worked in Chichester for the last ten years, didn't even know the studio was there!!!

Jas

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Leen,
I've seen Crue a couple of times. All credit to Nikki Sixx for still being alive, let alone playing the bass. Having seen Nikki get upset with a stage invader and twat him with his bass I would never ever say anything against the man, just in case he's reading and I ever get to meet him.

Mykebass,
You're welcome to pop over to the studio sometime. Please bear in mind that because I am working until about midnight most nights I don't get to the studio until around lunchtime most days, unless there is an early booking. So it may be best to contact me in advance if you are thinking of coming over one lunchtime.

Paulgm1,
It was good to meet you briefly on Monday night. I hope you liked the studio and our rehearsal bass rig (Ashdown MAG300H, Hartke TP410, Ashdown MAG115 Deep) and that Mags and her band were good to you. Many apologies for not making you a tea/coffee. I totally forgot to offer you one (I make tea/coffee for everyone who comes to the studio).

Dropzone,
I'll try to pop along to see you play sometime, but I am working in the studio most evenings, so getting out to see bands is a rare occurance these days.

Bigjas,
You're not the only one who didn't/doesn't know about the studio. We've been there for 14 years, but it still seems to be a well kept secret. I found out last week that even the driving test centre next door have no idea who we are or what we do. I really must try harder with my advertising.