Why become a member? ×

Courier reccomendations for guitar shipping

bobbass4k

It looks like I'm going to win a guitar on evilBay, the seller has agreed to ship it if i arrange and pay for a courier (although last time I agreed that with a seller they got very annoyed that they had to package it...). I'll use interparcel to arrange it, so does anyone have opinions on who's the best out of TNT, Parcelforce, UPS and CityLink for shipping guitars? There isn't a case included in the sale so he'll probably pack it in a box, so careful handling will be very important.

I have used Interparcel in the past but didn't know you could choose the courier company. I have had TNT and UPS collect and deliver without any problems. I have also use City Link directly.

I'm a depot supervisor for TNT so could be biased but have never had a problem with any of them. Just make sure is the seller packs it well. Good Luck.

I've sold 2 basses recently and both times I used Gwizz, they were cheap and adding insurance didnt bump the price too much. Also you can choose who deliveres it, I chose UPS as they come to my work daily. Good service and cheap. It would be hard to get insurance if you are relying on somebody else packaging it.

UPS here too. I've had very bad experiences with TNT who we (have to) use at work.

To be fair to Parcelfarce, I've used them many many times with no problem whatsoever. Other people have been less lucky with them though.