Why become a member? ×

The dreaded question......................

The Admiral

What do you want for Christmas?

Mrs A has been asked by a member of her family - what can we get that he will really want? Budget - about a tenner I would imagine.

Any ideas, other than the obvious socks/tie/smellies/booze?

Something bass related might be nice......!

All suggestions gratefully received - keep it clean please, Ladies present.

A

Bass related and under a tenner? Tricky! some ideas:

- plectrums! (yes! Picks)
- lemon oil
- strap locks
- one string
- james brown live in paris 1971 download from itunes
- tempo (ipad / iphone app - excellent metronome app!)
- membership fee for basschat.co.uk 2014!
- miles davis auto-biography, still the best musician's biog i've read

cheers!
ted

My Mrs has paid the deposit on a new bass I have ordered . It took me sooooooooooo long to pull the trigger because of the price, I loved her support when she said 'buy it', but somehow feel a little deflated that she is settling the CC bill of the deposit as my chrimbo pressy , it sounds really churlish , but I would rather she bought me a pack of picks rather than hijack my own purchase . I know she means well and will get me some great pressies , but sometimes the price is just not the issue.

A mug, lanyard , BC stuff ;) ,
The idea of a pressie is FAR more that they saw something and thought of you , and thus bought it, rather than asking what you want that you could easily buy for yourself .
I have just shared the clearing the deceased MIL flat , and it is amazing how some of the most trivial seeming items evokes the most memories.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1354584999' post='1887827']
I've got a pile of old flaky skin from a recent bout of psoriosis I can let you have for a tenner.
[/quote]

And I thought it was guitarists and singers that were always the flaky ones in the band!

Joking aside, and hugely OT, but I know a guy who has really bad psoriosis and had had remarkble results with Chinese medicines. You may be well under control - but I thought it worth a mention.

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1354625190' post='1888241']
And I thought it was guitarists and singers that were always the flaky ones in the band!

Joking aside, and hugely OT, but I know a guy who has really bad psoriosis and had had remarkble results with Chinese medicines. You may be well under control - but I thought it worth a mention.
[/quote]

Chinese medicine just seems to work. Think about it, after 2000 years, if it didn't work, it wouldn't have been taken all around the world. The ancient Chinese was a great civilisation. shame they just take their food around the world now. (joking... i wouldn't mind a big Chinese feast right now)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1354626893' post='1888291']
Chinese medicine just seems to work. Think about it, after 2000 years, if it didn't work, it wouldn't have been taken all around the world. The ancient Chinese was a great civilisation. shame they just take their food around the world now. (joking... i wouldn't mind a big Chinese feast right now)
[/quote]

Jeez the mind truly boggles....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U