Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1354813854' post='1890790']
I am thinking of making the trip across the pond to go to the show. I'll stay in my cousins uni flat (oh... joy of joys) in portsmouth, then get a train to london first thing on the saturday morning. Although there is still a question over whether i will be well enough to go or not. Hopefully i will be :)
[/quote]

Down my way then :-p and those uni flats aren't all that bad. I may...Or may not have been in a few :-p

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1355014857' post='1893082']

Oh really? Why's that? i've never been that far south before, or really used public transport at all in england really. Worst part would definitely be that i have to commute by myself. :(
[/quote]

If you can make it buddy, assuming I'm going (probably will be), you could always catch a ride up with me.

I've just been reliably informed that Warwick are going to have their own stand at the show, which is excellent news after a few years' absence. So, if we can't have our own corner, you bet where I'm going to suggest we meet up B)
Oh, and let's all wear our BC lanyards, of course! \m/ :D \m/

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359297112' post='1952611']
I take it from your sig that you suffered buyer's remorse with that one...? :)
[/quote]Not really, there's just other things I have my eye on, though frankly I'm barely bumping it once a month. Every so often something pops up that catches my eye in For Sale & I give them a half hearted bump. If they go, they go. If not it's not the end of the world. Still pretty jaded as the end of that line in the sig says. Full moons not helping :(

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1359298368' post='1952632']
Full moons not helping :(
[size=4][/quote][/size]
It's a full moon..? Holy crap, I gotta get me silver bullets sorted out.

It's OK to be somewhat jaded.
You can't be totally enthusiastic and cock-a-hoop the whole time, it's impossible. And very, very tiring. ;)

Edited by discreet

I've just booked tickets for both days. So judging from this thread, I think this is who we have going so far:

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
hernandoitwt
seashell

Forgive me and let me know if I've left anyone off. I'll add or remove people as this thread progresses.

See you soon :)

Thanks for that, Shelley. I haven't got a ticket for the Sunday yet, but that may change if we manage to get a dedicated BC corner at the show. (In that case I'll need to be reminded who among you guys - or which stand - sells tix with no handling fee...!)

Who else is going to be there? add yourselves to the list! \m/ :D \m/

We've got another taker for the Sunday (added below). :)

Sylvia - hoping we'll be adding you too to the Sunday attenders! :)

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
hernandoitwt
seashell
irvined

It looks as though there will be a BC stand of sorts - mainly an area with our poster and meeting times written up so that you can all meet there. I don't think I'll be at the show unfortunately due to family commitments that weekend but Bluejay has offered to help organise the stand. Leave it to the ladies to sort our us bloody blokes, eh.

I'll make an official announcement when I know what's happening for sure.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1359397870' post='1954192']
It looks as though there will be a BC stand of sorts - mainly an area with our poster and meeting times written up so that you can all meet there. I don't think I'll be at the show unfortunately due to family commitments that weekend but Bluejay has offered to help organise the stand. Leave it to the ladies to sort our us bloody blokes, eh.

I'll make an official announcement when I know what's happening for sure.

Cheers
ped
[/quote]

Thanks Chris! I'm going to play around with a few ideas for a couple of posters, get them ready for the show, and then I'll be at Olympia early on the Saturday and set up the corner, unless the whole project gets shelved in the meantime.

The idea would be for us to have a list of meeting times between masterclasses, so that we can gather at the BC point throughout the day without necessarily having one of us sit there all the time and miss the action.

Edited by bluejay