Why become a member? ×

Mark King on One Show

simonc61

Missed it due to work.

Met him backastage at a small club gig up here, back in the early '80s. I had a quick chat with him but he had a couple of dames hanging around him (and a Jazz cigarette) so I didn't stay too long. He had the pearl white JD and the all-in-one Trace 8 x 10 rig and what looked like a Yamaha delay.

[quote name='bluesparky' timestamp='1348088618' post='1809258']
He's still using TC, it's spec'd on the riders when he isn't able to take his own stuff (whether the local supply companies can provide it is an entirely different issue).
My guess is that Mark took only his bass and the BBC's production just sourced "a bass amp" and a TE amp arrived at the studio.
[/quote]

I thought the whole point of endorsing gear when you're at MK's level was that you could phone up the manufacturer/distributer at say "I'm going to doing a TV programme next week make sure there's an amp at the studio for the filming".

Bit of a slip up on someone's part IMO.

[quote name='dmz' timestamp='1348081852' post='1809100']
Wasn't Jean-Jacques Burnel on a while back too talking about No More Heroes ?

There must be a bass player on the production team.

Sweepstake as to who will be next ?
[/quote]

Yes, definately someone on there wanting to raise the profile of the bass.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1348123301' post='1809486']
I thought the whole point of endorsing gear when you're at MK's level was that you could phone up the manufacturer/distributer at say "I'm going to doing a TV programme next week make sure there's an amp at the studio for the filming".

Bit of a slip up on someone's part IMO.
[/quote]
Yup! oops! Sadly I'm not lucky / well known enough to have an endorsement so I don't know exactly how it all works - maybe one day!

[quote name='Longmayyourun' timestamp='1348081184' post='1809086']
Do you think there's a bass player on the production team at the one show? Last week Pino, this week Mark King - great stuff. And didn't they both come across as nice blokes?
[/quote]
Don't forget Herbie's WotWS a few weeks back :)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBXUP5GqYJs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBXUP5GqYJs[/url]