Why become a member? ×

A small rant...

Dave Holden

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1347955931' post='1806993']
It was supposed to be a light hearted "don't take yourself too seriously" jibe. Certainly no offence meant and nice people are quite often miserable or grumpy :-D
[/quote]
Have we met?
:ph34r:
I also think that people posting how they would like the item only makes it seem more desirable to a potential buyer.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1347954519' post='1806975']
And let's face it, most of us like people to admire our taste in basses.
[/quote] funnily the only people who I know who have admired my basses have been lasses.
And warwickhunt cos they don't weigh much

[quote name='Dave Holden' timestamp='1347918547' post='1806757']
First off, I just want to say that I think this site is fantastic and has opened up the bass market for me which, before, was only filled by ebay and I know how we all feel about that.

What I don't get about this site is why people feel the need to comment on my 'for sale' topics and state that they have no money. I'm thinking this should be banned. Some people have an appreciation for the items on sale but there is no need to write things like "love this bass but totally out of funds right now." I see these posts every day and they are just pointless.

The sellers are seriously trying to make some money by advertising their items but the forums are plagued with people who have this inherent desire to tell you how broke they are. You wouldn't walk into an estate agents and say "excuse me sir, I really like the house advertised in your window but unfortunately I have no money" and then walk out...

These people come in to the same category as those who seem genuinely interested in your item, you send them a billion more photos which they have personally asked for, then they disappear off the face of the planet without so much of a thank you.

Okay, rant over. I appreciate forums are places where people can post what they like, it just seems a bit much sometimes.

Thanks for reading,

Dave
[/quote]

well, I think they show appreciation for what you're selling and everytime they do that they bump your ad to the top. And you complain? :blink: :rolleyes:

free bumpage at the very least! :lol:

like others already said... it mostly just reflects the social side of the forum.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1347922151' post='1806818']
I think also... lets take an example.... silddx sticks a bass up for sale. A few of the folk who have been around longer and know him, and maybe even owned/played the bass chip in... it lets other people know that actually the bass is desirable (and if you buy it and don't get on with it you might find it easier to shift) and also that the person is a decent one.

There is at least one item in the forsale section that's been there a while, only the seller and the odd newbie post there- and theres a good reason I think why folk who've been on here longer give that particular item a wide berth....
[/quote]

C`mon Luke, what is it. I just want to see if it`s the same one I was thinking of! :D

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1348002079' post='1808063']
C`mon Luke, what is it. I just want to see if it`s the same one I was thinking of! :D
[/quote]

this one. the seller is a right ******** [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185462-sterling-by-mm-ray-34-ca-traded/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url] though someone managed to deal with him it seems!

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1348056010' post='1808547']
I like this thread a lot, but I've just got nothing to say right now. If its still here in a couple of weeks, I might have something to say then.
[/quote]

beautiful!

I used to have a thread just like this one. Great value.
I sometimes wished I hadn't closed it.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1348335923' post='1812535']
This thread has ended.
View remix here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187479-inane-posts-in-basses-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

CB[size=2]ay[/size]
[/quote]

Fixed it for you :P