Why become a member? ×

A new bass playing era for me!

Noisyjon

Hi BC'ers,

I'm so happy that I just wanted to share this with you all.

I have been offered and taken a job that has got me out of over 4 years of very unsociable hours which has meant I had no real band playing time. Infact there was no allowance for me to do anything regularly :(

So I'm now into my notice period and am looking forward to getting back out there in due course! :)

That is all!

Cheers,
Jon

Congrats Dude.
I walked away from 20 years of driving artics to become the Assistant Caretaker at the village high school.
I've never looked back, my family and social life is excellent, I can get to rehearsals and I can gig whenever there's one booked.
Enjoy it !!

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1347301652' post='1799096']
...Enjoy it !![/quote]
I intent to, thanks kennyrodg!
[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1347301816' post='1799104']
Fantastic news Jon! Time we revived that Metallica jam idea with your bro and guitar mate B)
[/quote]
Yes yes Mr. C!

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1347307691' post='1799215']
...I am currently in a work situation that has made me stop gigging but have a few irons in the fire to change this so watch this space !!
[/quote]

Nice one Tony and good luck. This is basically what I done and something came good in the end even though it took over a year of looking & applying.

Congrats. I spent 5 yrs doing permanent nightshifts of 7pm to 6am, with a 90 minute journey each way on top of that. I used to leave home before my wife arrived home and she'd be gone by the time i got home in the morning. Rehearsal time with the band was virtually non existent, and as a result the set starting becoming stale as we had so few opportunities to get together and do new stuff. I still work nights now but 10 minutes from my house and i don't start until 10.15pm and i'm home by 7.30am, and i only do Mon-Thurs, so i get to rehearse with the band and have tea with the wife. Much happier and i'm not walking around like a zombie all the time where i'm so knackered! Enjoy the extra "you" time, it's a great feeling!