Why become a member? ×

MISSING BASS, north east England

leftyhook

So I have managed to 'lose' my Warwick left-handed fretless rock bass. A pub car park at midnight, transfering bass equipment from a car trailer into my car, the bass was in a black gig bag......somehow managed to drive away thinking it was in my car after a 20 minute discussion..
Ridiculous, I know.

It hasn't been handed in to the pub, or the police.

I will check the local Crack Converter stores.

So, somewhere in the Sunderland area, or maybe elswhere by now, my bass, which has distinctive artwork covering the front of the body,is probably useless to the person who has it. It is far too distinctive to be seen in public.

It was only £179 new, but plays beautifully for such a cheap fretless.

Any sightings, please let me know.

Many thanks

have you reported it lost (with serial numbers) to police?

something of this sort of substantial value ought to be handed in to police otherwise it is deemed to be theft by finding as any reasonable person ought to know that it is not wihtout significant value - if the original owner doesnt claim it from police within 28 days then it lawfully becomes the property of the finder (so make sure you go back to the local police station to check regularly)

if it should then turn up in a crack converters or similar emporium you will still be able to go back to police and report that youve seen it and hopefully claim it back from the shop as it is still lawfully your property - the shop may well put up resistance but the police should assist with recovery

Edited by steve-bbb

Did I note the serial number? Did I need to with custom artwork like that? hoho

It surely is an aquired taste, and that taste is..........MINE! so give it back.

It was my only fretless and I prefer playing fretless.

But, it's more the fact that I was absent minded enough to lose it that way than not having it.

BTW police said theu would contact me should it turn up. They will know it from my description, for sure

The bass has been handed back to me via the pub where I last saw it(car park). it was found by a couple who are regulars there. They left their number with the pub, the number was misplaced, I call in yesterday on spec, a barmaid knew where they live, and the rest is history.

Thank you one and all, and thank you bass for taking me back after such terrible neglect!