Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='383203' date='Jan 17 2009, 01:15 PM']Alison Krause, "Let your loss be your lesson", will suit our singer to a tee....[/quote]
What a cracker,if she sings like A K stick hold of her.Definitely my favourite female voice.
As fir basslines,I'm twiddlin' along to I want you back,the David Ruffin version and Aint that good news from the Les Paul and friends album.

[quote name='Hellraiser 5' post='395759' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:25 PM']The Beatles - come together. Cool riff with the right bass sound[/quote]

A lot of people think i'm insane, but i still say that song invented stoner/blues/psychadelic rock, It's quite simple, repetitive, got that huge bass groove running right down the middle, it just rewminds me a lot of early sabbath/blue cheer/hawkwind, maybe it's just me.

Anywho, to actually contribue to the thread, i just finally got down "Here's to life" by streetlight manifesto, took long enough. If you've never listened to it, do. A lot of people say the bassline is a lot of showing off and trying too hard, but i think it first perfectly to the song, and it captured perfectly the essence of ska

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='395922' date='Jan 31 2009, 02:08 AM']A lot of people think i'm insane, but i still say that song invented stoner/blues/psychadelic rock, It's quite simple, repetitive, got that huge bass groove running right down the middle, it just rewminds me a lot of early sabbath/blue cheer/hawkwind, maybe it's just me.

Anywho, to actually contribue to the thread, i just finally got down "Here's to life" by streetlight manifesto, took long enough. If you've never listened to it, do. A lot of people say the bassline is a lot of showing off and trying too hard, but i think it first perfectly to the song, and it captured perfectly the essence of ska[/quote]
+1000 for hawkwind and blue cheer.

Spandau Ballet - Gold!!!! HA! Simple as but its really low in the mix.

And to balance it out I'm learning..

Victor Wootten - Can't Hold No Groove.. Just one of those I guess - you like the slappity, tappity goodness then I think its a kinda unwritten rule that you have to learn this.

(hopefully I'll regain any respect I lost with this lol!)

Edited by faz_man

• 2 weeks later...

We used to do Hey there Delilah when we were doing covers. It's sounds great with the bass added.

[quote name='Rainbass' post='186295' date='Apr 27 2008, 07:56 AM']Doing an Acoustic Duo set with a guitarist friend in the summer, so learning (amongst others)

Hey There Delilah and Yesterday, neither of which seem to have bass on the originals as far as I can tell![/quote]