Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='Gridlad' post='306793' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:43 AM']A big band arrangement of Spain.[/quote]

ooh! good luck, the stops and changes IIRC from my younger days, are quite challenging. Having a horn section will help.

But back to the OP, for me Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. I did it tonight at an acoustic night on guitar, but the first thing I learned (even though I didn't play it) was the bass line. I am a bassist after all :)

im currently attempting to learn hit me with your rythm stick, cos my bros drum teacher has told me its the hardest bassline ever and said i cant learn it by a week on wednesday. i confidently told him i can learn anything, i think he might have proved me wrong though. finally got the intro up to speed though, just gotta learn the rest of the song!

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='308319' date='Oct 17 2008, 02:15 AM']ooh! good luck, the stops and changes IIRC from my younger days, are quite challenging. Having a horn section will help.[/quote]

I've got it now. I used to play it years ago, so had to re-learn it, but it's cool.

[quote name='5_string_death' post='307310' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:26 PM']Slap IMHO as well, really, what muppet thinks that a pick sounds like slap, really. Timmy C is a great player, and I want his tone lol
Zach[/quote]
his tone i used to have, pretty simple, sting ray 2band natural with maple neck maple fret board,with little else, thoug he has changed basses now i think. but i'm pretty sure thats what he was using on the original record.

Edited by lowhand_mike

Last two days...

Jackie Wilson's Lifting Me Higher (or whatever it's called) - one riff all the way through!
Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way
Kirsty MacColl's New England
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch by the Four Tops

Nothing challenging there other than actually concentrating on getting them learned for Thursday's rehearsal and not being distracted by that transcription of The Real Me in this month's BGM.

• 2 weeks later...