Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

In the last week of so I've learned/relearned -

'Too Young To Die' - Jamiroquai
'Sir Duke' - Stevie Wonder
'Rio' - Duran Duran

Lots of nice muted notes and frantic playing - great for a workout! I think I'll start most of my warmups with one or more of these tunes!

[quote name='Galilee' post='187372' date='Apr 28 2008, 05:05 PM']Spieluhr by Rammstein.

We do loads of Rammstein numbers. The basslines are easy/repetitive, but it takes a while to learn the lyrics by heart...[/quote]
That's a really cool song - my favourite by Rammstein :) I find their lyrics easier to learn than English ones for some reason!

This weekend I've learned:
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
I Disappear - Metallica
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Cigarettes and Alcohol - Oasis
Circles - Incubus
Bullet in the Head - Rage Against the Machine
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
my guitarists' suggestions for covers - I turned up for practise today and no-one had learned them :huh:

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='187716' date='Apr 29 2008, 12:12 AM']This weekend I've learned:
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
I Disappear - Metallica
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
Cigarettes and Alcohol - Oasis
Circles - Incubus
Bullet in the Head - Rage Against the Machine
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
my guitarists' suggestions for covers - [b]I turned up for practise today and no-one had learned them[/b] ;)[/quote]
This sounds like most practices I've been to over the years. You spend hours listening and re-listening to songs only for the others to either not bother learning them, or worst still, change their minds and suggest other songs for learning... :)

Anyway, rant over. The last song I (and the rest of the band :huh: ) learnt was 'Lola' by the Kinks.

[quote name='rbatts2000' post='188754' date='Apr 30 2008, 12:34 PM']This sounds like most practices I've been to over the years. You spend hours listening and re-listening to songs only for the others to either not bother learning them, or worst still, change their minds and suggest other songs for learning... :huh:[/quote]

+100

lazy gits ;)

er oh yeah back on topic

Hysteria - Muse
Tobacco Road - David Lee Roth version (Billy Sheehan on bass :) )
Vertigo - U2
Paranoid - Black Sabbath

been going through some michael jackson, particularly thriller and beat it. I dont care what people say about him, he was a genius......evil genius maybe but still genius.

He had some great bass parts and bass players.

[quote name='NJE' post='189903' date='May 1 2008, 06:57 PM']been going through some michael jackson, particularly thriller and beat it. I dont care what people say about him, he was a genius......evil genius maybe but still genius.

He had some great bass parts and bass players.[/quote]

Shouldn't Quincy Jones get at least some of the credit for that?