Why become a member? ×

landlord switched off the mics because of over run

Ou7shined

Well, there are curfews for a reason.

Let Bruce over run for a while and risk losing the licence next year, or cut him off to show you'll do your best to keep to agreed time limits.

To be honest, 3 hours of Springsteen should be enough for a lifetime...

Edited by bartelby

It's up the the band to tailor their set to the constraints of the gig and the organisers to make sure that everything runs according to schedule, and its right that it should be the same whether it's 5 bands on at a local pub, or a massive festival full of big name acts.

"English cops may be the only individuals left on earth that wouldn't want to hear one more from Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney!"

They're not, unless I was conscripted into the constabulary without knowing it.

Either is bad enough, both together would be my vision of hell.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1342347321' post='1733429']
uh oh senior moment :huh: :huh: :huh:

i just clicked on the OP's link and was merrily reading away when i thought to myself [i]'i'll start quick thread on this'[/i]
[/quote]

:D
Just as well you didn't, no one's in the mood for irony today. Thread fail.

Should have got Discreet to post it they'd be rolling in the isles by now. :lol:

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342347876' post='1733441']
Just as well you didn't, no one's in the mood for irony today. Thread fail.

Should have got Discreet to post it they'd be rolling in the isles by now. :lol:
[/quote]

must be all the x-flares - the magnetic storms are playing havoc with everybodys tiny little minds

just for an ironic thrill im going to set up another profile and call myself INDISCREET :ph34r:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342348543' post='1733456']
'When did England become a police state?'
'Around forty years ago, Steven'.
[/quote]

Yes. They drive around in tanks and torture people for having the wrong political views all the time in my village.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342349374' post='1733482']
Oi you don't be coming round here with your seeing the funny side and spoiling things.

[/quote]

When Springsteen is involved there's nothing funny...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1342345969' post='1733390']
It's up the the band to tailor their set to the constraints of the gig and the organisers to make sure that everything runs according to schedule, and its right that it should be the same whether it's 5 bands on at a local pub, or a massive festival full of big name acts.
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1342349424' post='1733484']

When Springsteen is involved there's nothing funny...
[/quote]

I see your point. :)

Although I always have a chuckle at that strange, jerky, he-man way he strums his guitar.... like he's pounding the kidneys of some non patriot.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1342349397' post='1733483']
Yes. They drive around in tanks and torture people for having the wrong political views all the time in my village.[/quote]

If we're going to have a whole new thread about this, I'd just like to say: 'IBTL'.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1342350480' post='1733500']
The local (miserable bastards IMO) residents got that curfew imposed.

Nevertheless, Springsteen should have conformed to it.
[/quote]

Agreed on both points.

EDIT: Although, If I lived near by and knew Springsteen was headlining. I'd have demanded a 9pm curfew! :D

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1342352595' post='1733542']
The artists must have know the deal - if they didn't like it they shouldn't have accepted the gig. Prima donnas!
[/quote]

Oh come on guys. Has no one here ever over-ran... or is it that we are mainly just all support acts who can take liberties and leave it up to the main act to take the brunt?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342352757' post='1733550']

If we're going to have a whole new thread about this, I'd just like to say: 'IBTL'.
[/quote]

Well, the guy who said that is delusional if he thinks the mikes were turned off to curtail his use of free speech.

I'm sure they would have had plenty of warnings from the stage manager that they were in danger of running over. Surely these big events have some leeway in the program to prevent running into the curfew time?

Edited by TimR

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1342350480' post='1733500']The local (miserable bastards IMO) residents got that curfew imposed.[/quote]

Having been involved in drafting use agreements for major concert venues, you'll find it has a lot less to do with the so-called local "miserable bastards" residents objections to noise than it has to do with concerns for the safety of attendees and working time regulations, for venue custodial and security personnel. Timings are carefully coordinate with local policing provision, and usually set to allow attendees safe and ready access to local public transport routes and hubs in order to leave the area afterwards. Yes, of course, noise pollution is a consideration, but it is by no means the primary consideration.