Why become a member? ×

landlord switched off the mics because of over run

Ou7shined

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1342533678' post='1736696']
Yeah, but who's concern for what is the greatest? I'd plumb for the organising company not wanting to pay more than they have to for the Met's overtime if Bruce & Macca had played on.
[/quote]
So would I normally. The local authority and the police would have a view on safety and public order concerns.

Yes, but you look into costs of various H+S measures to decide whether it is practical/affordable to hold the event in the first place. Irrespective of whether it will cost more or not to have the roads closed for longer, it's a cost due to Health and Safety. They haven't just closed the roads for fun.

Edited by TimR

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342529089' post='1736602']
Well at least he can take it on the chin.
[/quote]

So people often say "you owe me a new keyboard" and I don't believe them, but it was pretty close whether I spat the coffee over the laptop or back in the cup.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342480131' post='1736054']
Could the elephant in the room be the fact that the most rock & roll person at the entire gig... Was the dude who pulled the plug?

Nothing like sticking it to the man - and no clearer candidates than the ageing millionaires on stage. You don 't get more punk than citing Health & Safety regulations to those old corporate whores.

No?
[/quote]

:D

I wonder what the uproar would have been if he'd stuck to his conractual obligations and played the mininum agreed. 20 mins perhaps? For those who don't like The Boss, well, don't see him live. But for the fans, I think they got value for money (on I guess a very expensive ticket).

I think he should have been allowed to finish his song, and to say good night. Springsteen's a major star, and this just looks like a backward London. 5 more mins? Big deal

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1342533090' post='1736689']

[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ricky Martin does.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342534233' post='1736709']
Fixed it for you, honeybear :)
[/quote]

Haha that's a new one. :D

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1342551866' post='1737032']
So people often say "you owe me a new keyboard" and I don't believe them, but it was pretty close whether I spat the coffee over the laptop or back in the cup.
[/quote]

Aw sorry bud. Next time you're in Aberdeen just pop in by and I'll give you one of ours. :D

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Oh and yeah, I'm just going to say it ... Ricky Martin never spits. :lol:[/font][/size]

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342557817' post='1737151']
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ricky Martin does.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Oh and yeah, I'm just going to say it ... Ricky Martin never spits. :lol:[/font]
[/quote]

You are Ricky Martin's live in lover and I claim my £5.

I remember back when I was at Uni ('79) Springsteen played a 3 hour plus concert in Newcastle. I only know this coz I could hear him as I walked past on my way to a local rock night elsewhere and he was still playing when I staggered back to my Halls at the end of the night. So he's got track record for overrunning :lol:

So would Boris Johnson, Little Stevie (and all others that reckon BS should have been allowed to complete his set) be happy to compensate Live Nation for loss of earnings?
If they had allowed BS to complete his set there is every likelihood that the promoters would be refused licenses for future events, or at least have further restrictions placed on them.

It will not have been a decision made lightly - no promoter likes to upset an artist. BS's people will have known the situation and most likely have pleaded with them to get him to wind it up. My guess is that either his entourage didn't have the guts to tell him of the problem or maybe Springsteen himself thought, "Nobody shuts up "The Boss...what the hell! "
IMV half an hour over curfew is more than fair.

[quote name='paulconnolly' timestamp='1342599769' post='1737479']
I remember back when I was at Uni ('79) Springsteen played a 3 hour plus concert in Newcastle. I only know this coz I could hear him as I walked past on my way to a local rock night elsewhere and he was still playing when I staggered back to my Halls at the end of the night. So he's got track record for overrunning :lol:
[/quote]

I had a similar experience in the 80s. Springsteen played Wembley Stadium on the same evening that Dire Straits played Wembley Arena. The Boss was supposed to finish first but overran so that both venues emptied at the same time. I've never seen Wembley so packed with people and it was literally shoulder-to-shoulder stuff getting to the tube station.