Why become a member? ×

Relicing - how far can you go?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-vibe-Fender-Squier-P-precision-Bass-relicd-road-worn-jazz-Blondie-70s-/271010727950?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f197f880e"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-vibe-Fender-Squier-P-precision-Bass-relicd-road-worn-jazz-Blondie-70s-/271010727950?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f197f880e[/url]

I don't mind the relicing.
The pick guard is retarded....

I just really really don't like the period correct decal thing going on, it's stupid....

actually no, that's not awful, its the custom shop logo that is! why?

why?

WHY?

Shippers again. I presume he must be selling these or he wouldn't keep listing 'em..?

I'm not against relicing [i]per se[/i], but it always seems to be done very badly for some reason.
May just have a go at it myself. As you know, I'm the epitome of restraint and good taste. :lol:

They're appaling! There'll be parents up and down the country scratching their heads,
while saying to their teenage son's "Wot the bloody hell have you bought that thing for?"

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1341437571' post='1719205']
Aye, good old Shippers, up to his art again. You never know, he might have the last laugh and we'll be discussing his authentic knobs 50 years from now.
[/quote]

There's only one saving grace about this & that is that he's not destroying genuine Fenders to do it. Maybe in years to come Squiers will be worth more than Fenders because he will have single handedly wiped most of them out.

Edited by tazza1