Why become a member? ×

Concerned my boobs are too big for this :(

toneknob

Just came across this on gumtree:

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/establishing-london-band-the-swaras-seeking-female-bassist/105936514"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/establishing-london-band-the-swaras-seeking-female-bassist/105936514[/url]

"we need band members who are flexible in dressing, [have] a small bust and an average to skinny figure, ambitious minded, confident, open-minded to ideas and cooperative"

Something about bass-playing somewhere as well. Do you fit the bill better than me?

I'm assuming we'll all be responding to the ad with that Youtube clip, then?

I'm all for giving people another chance. Large-breasted Basschat'ers, who may feel agrieved at missing out on this opportunity, are welcome to join my band. All of you.

Doesn't that breach employment law on the grounds of being a) sexist and B) ageist?

Just saying...

Of course, I'm a bloke in my 30s who's about 8lb too heavy, with nay titties at all, so it might just be me being a bit grumpy.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1341409813' post='1718524']
Doesn't that breach employment law on the grounds of being a) sexist and B) ageist?

Just saying...

Of course, I'm a bloke in my 30s who's about 8lb too heavy, with nay titties at all, so it might just be me being a bit grumpy.
[/quote]

And fat-ist :(

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1341409223' post='1718507']
That took whole 3 minutes for our Japanese friend to appear. Standards are dropping
[/quote]
Sorry. I had to fire up YouTube and think up an appropriate search term. (I went for "korean bass transvestite".) I prolly need to save the link as a draft somewhere for rapid response.

(I suppose I could "favourite" it in YouTube, but I fear for what may turn up in the "you may also like..." recommendations :o )

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"The managers are aware that it is quite difficult to find female musicians who the bass. If you have any musical background or even own one of these instruments and are ready to get to the top we are willing to cooperate and try it out with you"[/size][/font][/color]

[font=georgia, serif] [/font][font="georgia, serif"]This is the bit that amuses me basically you don't even have to be a able to play bass to join this band sounds like a highly professional outfit to me :D[/font]

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1341414512' post='1718618']
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]...[/size][/font][/color][font=georgia, serif] basically you don't even have to be a able to play bass to join this band...[/font]
[/quote]

Of their many criteria, that's the only one I can meet! :lol:

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341417645' post='1718703']
LOLOLOL!! Apparently the front [s]man[/s] person must have boob-envy and doesn't want anyone looking at the female instead of [s]him[/s] them. :lol:
[/quote]

fixed.

im going to apply - its got to be better than Job Seekers Allowance FFS - i hope they dont have any bucks fizz type skirt ripping stage antics :o

well if nothing else I can put it on my JSA job search sheet for next time i go to sign on ;)

NURSE .... the screens please

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341421705' post='1718786']
This has sent me into a complete feminist frenzy, and I'm having to breathe into a paper bag right now!! :o

Have we achieved nothing, sisters??
[/quote]
by the sounds of it they may be a bit more feminist than most if you know what i mean ;)

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1341409585' post='1718518']
I'm assuming we'll all be responding to the ad with that Youtube clip, then?

I'm all for giving people another chance. Large-breasted Basschat'ers, who may feel agrieved at missing out on this opportunity, are welcome to join my band. All of you.
[/quote]

Woo Hoo :D I may have a gig then... Although should also add that I have a large arse and large gut which accompany my boobs :P