Why become a member? ×

You are a real musician when...

Silvia Bluejay

Taken from one of my FB status updates - one of my friends there PM'd me suggesting I start a fun thread on here too.

[b][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Signs that you are a real musician, No 1 - at the first glimpse of a ray of sunshine, rush to music corner and make sure the curtain is drawn and the gear is in the shade. Then, and only then, notice the nice weather.[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1339593850' post='1691079']
[b] You are a real musician when...[/b]

you can no longer get car insurance or a mortgage.
[/quote]

I couldn't get a decent mortgage before I became a musician either (self-employed, y'know, so opted for stumping up the cash). Now there are no fewer than two reasons why I wouldn't get a mortgage if I wanted one. Heh. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1339593850' post='1691079']
[b]....You are a real musician when...[/b].you can no longer get car insurance or a mortgage....
[/quote]

It was a long time ago but the car insurance bit actually happened to me.

You're a real musician when what you play is more important than what you're playing it on.

You buy your child a Fisherprice keyboard for his first birthday, on the strength of it having a full three octave range, a record function, pitch control and a great 'chiptune' sound worth sampling...

Sorry son, but you'll thank me for it one day :)

...you pretend to like all types of music and refuse to give an opinion on a recent pop record preferring instead to make a non-committal remark on the production standards.

Fiancée: "Tinie Tempah's amazing"
Me: "yeah, I really enjoy his syncopated vocal style and I like the drum volume."

Truckstop