Why become a member? ×

Is this guy doing it right?

JayPH

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1335944569' post='1638278']
Yes, he's got it spot on. He's a good player, he's different and this is about the 50th time we've found ourselves talking about him.

You can't buy publicity like this.
[/quote]

Nail -> head

Ridiculously good player!

Actually I take it back. He's not doing it right.

Looking at his YouTube channel his least viewed video which has only been up for 2 weeks has already almost 20,000 hits. Some of the older ones have over 2 million! So why then isn't his cross-dressing K-pop band hitting a venue or on-line music store near us?

Instead it appears he still hasn't left his bedroom.

Marketing fail.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1335944221' post='1638274']
he's Korean btw :)
[/quote]
Steve, you know too much about this :)
[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1335946452' post='1638302']
its that music?sound like korean version of Pink with better basslines
[/quote]
Yes, I like the music. Always good basslines
[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1335946733' post='1638308']
Actually I take it back. He's not doing it right.

Looking at his YouTube channel his least viewed video which has only been up for 2 weeks has already almost 20,000 hits. Some of the older ones have over 2 million! So why then isn't his cross-dressing K-pop band hitting a venue or on-line music store near us?

Instead it appears he still hasn't left his bedroom.

Marketing fail.
[/quote]
He must be making shitloads in advertising but he could ake a mint doing roadshows and stuff Cheeko style

[quote name='JayPH' timestamp='1335957209' post='1638510']
Steve, you know too much about this :)
[/quote]

... as leschirons said earlier ... he is probably one of the most discussed bass players on here

everything i know - i learn from basschat :huh:

edit - in fact if any mods are reading this then they really ought to consider setting up a separate subgroup for the HJ threads :D

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1335958242' post='1638542']
How? I'd like to know how he's doing this off a YouTube channel because I can't see it...
[/quote]

Youtube partner program, once you get that many views, they give you a chunk of the advertising. Not sure how much, but not bad by all accounts.
He could maybe go on tour with a well known drummer for maximum WTF...LULZ...etc. etc. :)

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1335958490' post='1638546']
Odour contrary . He has two bands. One is a Jazz fusion thing the other metal in which he cross dresses.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Although IMO the J/K-pop stuff he does in his bedroom vids is fair more entertaining on a musical level than elevator muzak and metal-by-numbers of his live bands. I was rather hoping that his metal band would be the Korean [url=http://versailles.syncl.jp/]Versailles[/url], but unfortunately it's not to be.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1335960156' post='1638582']
I was rather hoping that his metal band would be the Korean [url="http://versailles.syncl.jp/"]Versailles[/url], but unfortunately it's not to be.
[/quote]

I was hoping for Sigh. He should probably go play bas in Sigh, would make a good counter point to Dr. Mikannibal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG67LZZpWeA